Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS-ESP and Parking Brake Error Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS-ESP and Parking Brake Error Troubleshooting

Hi Guys...

I know this error plagues '05 and '06 C5 C6 model A6 owners.

I have checked the TSB's on this and they are vague and junk.

I think my issue is the same as many others, but different in the sense that sometimes I will be driving and the ABS error does not hit right away. But, when it does hit, immediately within seconds it triggers the Electromagnetic Parking Brake error. The EPB error then beeps each time I start from a complete stop to remind me that it is there.

I have done much research on this. The internet is filled with people seeking answers regarding this one error. The dealers replace sensors and make changes at great cost regarding ABS modules/sensors and all kinds of stuff. Those are not the problem. So before I rip out my ABS and send it to Cheap ABS to be redone ( great guys by the way ) I want to know if anyone can respond with a series of troubleshooting steps that might be helpful for EVERYONE who experiences this common error? P L E A S E !!!

I understand that sometimes it is a faulty brake switch - easy repair - switch costs less that $10 and is easy to disconnect and connect new one - did that - no change. DO I HAVE TO RECODE SOMETHING USING VAG COM AFTER I DO THIS??? Regardless, it didn't help.

Next - many reports say that it is due to a faulty speed sensor somewhere that might have been knocked out of wack when brakes were being worked on. How do I find the sensors to make sure they are connected properly and how do I test them? I do own VAG-COM.

I have engaged and disengaged the EPB from the console and the EPB engages and retracts fine (knock on wood) and seems to be functional. I engaged and disengaged fearing for it getting stuck and having to get it towed, but thank goodness that did not happen. Where is the sensor located and how do I check if the wire is corroded and/or broken which might be leading to the no signal error? Is it connected directly to the master cylinder?

Are there any VAG-COM codes which I need to change, or tests through VAG that I can run while I am driving (I own VAG-COM) to help shed some light on this situation? Let me know.

I believe if we can post a series of troubleshooting steps for this common error, it will help out a lot of A6 owners out there.

Thanks,
Ron

Old 11-05-2014, 09:13 PM
1st Gear
Default seriously

seriously? No one has a response to this, even a partial response???

Old 11-26-2014, 04:23 PM
1st Gear

Hi Ron,

I too am very interested in some answers. Like you I am getting ready to give up and send my module to Cheap ABS.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/aud...-beeps-212085/

Hope this can help you. For me was fu...ing expensive to solve the problem.
In the end was just a clogged Intake manifold.