Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light & beep

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 11:37 PM
1st Gear
Default ABS light & beep

Hey guys, So I know the ABS & brake light flashing are usually related to ABS being out but....

The other day when i go to start my car I turn on the radio no lights warnings or anything when 10-20 secs later i hear this loud single beep noise that goes on for like 5-6 secs i'm thinking wtf it sounded like it came from my radio. Few days later nothing pops up and everything seems normal. Now today I go to start the car and my ABS light is solid and my brake light keeps flashing so i'm like wtf oh and also my service light came on. Then a few secs after that the single tone beep came on again for a short time.I then went to get my laptop and tried to scan the car but the only module i could get to scan was the insturment module all the other such as engine and ABS brake modules would simply say "no response" so I head to work anyways and when I get there put my parking brake on, a second later the lights turn off. I just got home and reset my inspection light.

My question is, why was the car beeping and should I check into my ABS problem? I had a similar incident on my dad's BMW but it was in the snow but so far no problems have returned.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS light & beep

it could be your ABS control module. it's a common problem. it's cheaper to get it repaired. try this website.
http://modulemaster.com/audiabsremoval.html

Old 05-27-2008, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, yeah I used vag com and all the wheel sensors seem to be ok so I will probably end up just rebuilding it.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

Hi Asianicestyles,

I've been looking into this matter as well, and it seems that most people say that it is the ABS module. The website http://modulemaster.com/audiabsremoval.html is recommended a lot in the forum, and it is worth taking a look. I found a little tiny wrench at Orchard Supply which works out great in the tight space for removing the ABS module. I will send you the information later.

I was wondering if you can tell me more on how you hook your Laptop to your car computer.
What program do you run on it, and where can I get one?

Thanks!

DC

Old 05-30-2008, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the tip.

The program I am using is called Vag com, this program works on VW's Audi and skodas. What it is is essetialy the same diagnostic program that the dealers use to scan your cars for DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) or when you have a check engine light you normally got to the dealer and get charged $100 for them to tell you you need to replace something.

You can purchase the VAG wire from many diffrent suppliers, the cheapest and where I got mine is ebay, Just go to ebay and type in Vag com and it should come up, any of them wil work. As long as it is the Vag com to usb. The software comes with the wire so you just mainly need to buy the wire off ebay. I bought mine for $20. If you would like more info please visit http://www.ross-tech.com/

If you need help setting it up on your laptop just let me know.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:22 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info.
I will check out ebay.

The small tool I got from Orchard Supply is a General Tools - Precision Ratchet Screwdriver Set (9 piece set) No. 80075 UPC 70972. (It costs about $15, but it's worth the money).

This small ratchet screwdriver can be used in tight spaces, in this case, the ABS moodule. The bottom screws may need a long extension to reach them. You may not even have to remove the windshield washer fluid reservoir and the wheel well liner. But be very careful not to drop the screws.

Have fun!