Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Light and Traction Light ON

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Default ABS Light and Traction Light ON

Hi all,

I have a 2003 A6 3.0, the ABS light is on with the traction light (a triangle with a cirle on it) and no brake light is blinking, no ABS light is blinking, no beep nothing else just these two light remains on as soon as I take the car out of the Parking gear. I took it to the dealer once and he tried to hook 1 computer (small one, i think it was VAG) but that computer was unable to communicate with the brake system, he was able to communicate with other modules but not with brakes so he said he has to hook the car with another computer (big one) and that can tell the exact codes but since it was already 6pm he asked me to come next day which I haven't gone yet.

I have read other posts here too but all the other guys have problem including some beep and falshing brake or ABS lights but in my case nothing is flashing. So can you please let me know what could be wrong with the car? Is it ABS module or wheel sensors or something else?

Thanks

Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Default RE: ABS Light and Traction Light ON

I would appreciate if someone can put me on right track here, I dont know what is exactly wrong with my car I couldn't find any related article on this forum too.

Moreove today I found that my Brake Lights are not working at all.. few days back they were on even if I turn off the engine completely and I got some related articles on the forum which says its bad brake light switch, I wanna know is it be causing some problem to my ABS system as well and thats why the ABS light with traction control light remains always on??

Thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Default RE: ABS Light and Traction Light ON

Any help on this please.....