Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Access/Start Authorization

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Access/Start Authorization

I am getting an error on my 2005 A6 i picked up with my ross-tech, the error code is as follows:

01049 - Supply Voltage Term 50: Short to Plus
It is showing up in the Access/Start Authorization, and only happens when the car is running. If i just have the ignition on the code wont come back up.

I reset it and it pops right back in, the only thing Ross-Tech's website said to check when it is in this category is the following:

Special Notes
When found in Audi A6 (4F): Access/Start Authorization, check Measuring Value Blocks.

The Measuring Value Blocks say Terminal 50 is not activated.

Is terminal 50 the starter? One of the possible causes the website said was to Check/Replace Alternator Relay (J53). Audi Service Manuals say that is the starter relay, not alternator relay. I checked all the fuses on the car and they are fine.

Any advice? Should i just replace the relay J53?

Thanks!

Old 11-18-2011, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mikehinnenkamp
I am getting an error on my 2005 A6 i picked up with my ross-tech, the error code is as follows:

01049 - Supply Voltage Term 50: Short to Plus
It is showing up in the Access/Start Authorization, and only happens when the car is running. If i just have the ignition on the code wont come back up.

I reset it and it pops right back in, the only thing Ross-Tech's website said to check when it is in this category is the following:

Special Notes
When found in Audi A6 (4F): Access/Start Authorization, check Measuring Value Blocks.

The Measuring Value Blocks say Terminal 50 is not activated.

Is terminal 50 the starter? One of the possible causes the website said was to Check/Replace Alternator Relay (J53). Audi Service Manuals say that is the starter relay, not alternator relay. I checked all the fuses on the car and they are fine.

Any advice? Should i just replace the relay J53?

Thanks!
Did you find any solution to this problem?
I ask because i now have the same problem.

Excuse me if my english not perfect but i am Swedish.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:12 PM
1st Gear
Default Issue

No, I never heard from anyone or found out what was causing it. I didnt really have any issues from the fault. The keyless ignition worked correctly, and havent noticed any battery drainage issues.

Please let me know if you ever find out what it was caused by.