Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accident happened

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
1st Gear
Default accident happened

On a typical hectic saturday night a dumb girl hit me from my right fender and bumper while I was going straight she made left where there is no left option. Then she said she is pulling over ahead , after she recognized her mistake.Then I followed her and she run away. I called the cops and they said since I dont have full insurance , reporting it will do me no good. It would increase my insurance and I cant get full many from insurance. So I didnt report it.
I went to a body shop yesterday the guy said he is going to charge me 700$ for fixing right fender and bumper and also the left fender that was hit earlier.He said he is going to paint right, left fenders and the front bumper will give me a full polish and waxing.Is the pricing reasonable? I understand that pricesmay vary from state to state.Anyone from new york city have any idea about if the price is high or ok ?

Thanks everyone in advance.

1998 A6 quatro

Old 11-29-2006, 04:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: accident happened

That seems like a good price. By fixing does he mean bondo, or replacing the skin of the fender? Will he blend the paint so it is not obvious there is new paint?

Why didnt you follow the person who hit you?

Old 11-29-2006, 05:04 PM
3rd Gear

I dont understand how it would make your insurance go up it was her fault and she ran, in my state you get arrested for leaving the seen of an accident.. I think the cop was an idiot and didnt know anything about insurance, the claim would be on her insurance not yours. but 700 sounds like a good price..

Old 11-29-2006, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

When you followed her for the short time, why didn't you get her tag number?

Old 11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

One of my roommates in college was from NY and i think i remember him saying (but im not positive) that in NY the insurance cost is spilt between both parties regardless of the person who is at fault.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 PM
3rd Gear

now that is stupid if thats true, why sould you get penilized for somthing thats not your fault..

Old 11-29-2006, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

Is that a form of no fault? We have no fault in FL. If you get hit your insurance pays and then turns around and sues the other guys insurance to get reimbursed. Now, do they actually think that decreases your rates?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear

Same thing in CO..Stupidest s*** I've ever heard of. My GF got rearended at a red light and both parties were considered at fault. I was like "At fault how" So her insurance rates went up..What a crock..I would have followed her regardless and I gurantee the cop was a retard (imagine that) because she fled the scene of an accident. I would be asking for a police report or something to go to your insurance company with so your rates dont get jacked up.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
1st Gear

First off that sucks. Second, if he is a good bodyman and does a good job $700 is a hell of a deal. Depending on the amount of damage of course. To just paint that without repair you probably be looking @ upwards of $500 for quality base/clear, blending ect. Factor in some krinkles, dents, cracks and the costs can pile up very quickly.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 PM
3rd Gear

Sorry to hear about that. Sucks to get hit. I'm really confused with the insurance piece though. I work for an insurance company and have never heard of both parties splitting and being at fault?

Quick Reply: accident happened