Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm Problem.....maybe????

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:59 AM
1st Gear
Default Alarm Problem.....maybe????

I was going to post this in the electronics section but thought that the alarm system may be different for different models.

Yesterday I got out of my car to go into my moms house. It was kind of hot so I figured I'd crack the windows. Instead of doing it manually like I normally do, I thought I'd do it with the key (hadn't played with that gizmo yet). So I turned to the left and held, windows opened to where I wanted and I released. I then turned to the right and locked the car (thinking to myself how cool). Well we were in the front room and I saw my marker lights flashing, no horn. Hmmm. So went out, pressed the unlock button on the remote, they turned off, then pressed the lock button. Went back inside. Shortly after that, they started blinking again. I repeated the step above. Low and behold, it happened again. So I thought to myself....ahhhh it must be that the sensor button is on. So I opened the door and pressed the button. It actually seemed to turn it on. So I pressed it again and the light went off. Logically I'm thinking it's off. Not so. A few minutes later, the marker lights started blinking again.

Now my next guess is that since I cracked the windows with the key, it automatically turns on the movement sensor and my sensor may actually be malfuntioning. Or maybe I did something wrong or need to adjust something. Any thoughts?

Old 08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Alarm Problem.....maybe????

Was this too stupid of a question?????

Old 08-28-2007, 12:10 PM
3rd Gear

Your motion sensor is always on, unless you press the button in the door sill. When the light is on, the motion sensors are off, when the light is off, the sensors are on.

Jeff

Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 PM
1st Gear

Okay. That explains it. But now I have another question. Is it that sensitive that I can't leave my windows cracked? I mean maybe a bee or fly was in there. Would that trigger it to flash my marker lights?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Default steering wheel noise

I have a 1997 A6 quattro and a couple of days ago i heard a noise while steering (even if i'm stoped). So I thought it could be the hidraulic fluid, which was low, but then i realized that the noise gets louder when i accelerate. Any idea what it could be? Thanks.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: steering wheel noise

ORIGINAL: andresarlia

I have a 1997 A6 quattro and a couple of days ago i heard a noise while steering (even if i'm stoped). So I thought it could be the hidraulic fluid, which was low, but then i realized that the noise gets louder when i accelerate. Any idea what it could be? Thanks.
Dude, I think you meant to put this somewhere else other than in this thread.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: steering wheel noise

It sucks, but it is true. The slightest breeze will set off the alarm. I turned my sensitivity down and it still sets it off.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Blade69

Okay. That explains it. But now I have another question. Is it that sensitive that I can't leave my windows cracked? I mean maybe a bee or fly was in there. Would that trigger it to flash my marker lights?
dont leave the window open at all it will set the sensors off due to wind pressure or a fly they are that sensitive,

use the button to turn them off is you need to open the windows for say a dog which would also set the off lol that what the switch is for

quote:

ORIGINAL: andresarlia

I answered that one else where

Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Thanks. Seems like this alarm does it all except remote start. Makes me wish there was a way to integrate a remote starter into the stock alarm. Speaking of that, I know my mom had remote start factory installed and it worked off her stock key fob. Just press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time and it would start up. In my wisdom, I did that just to see what would happen. To my surprise, the side markers blinked like something happened. So in my infinite wisdom I decided to press them again to hopefully reverse whatever it is that happened. I didn't see anything in the manual about that or maybe I glossed over that section.