Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

annoying beep

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Default annoying beep

i just bought a 99 a6 avant wagon. didn't come with radio code and i locked myself out trying to enter it. so i disconnected the battery for a few seconds thinking it would give me 2 more chances. nope. instead, when i take off, this annoying beep goes on b/c i reset the speed warning (now currently at like 10 mph or something ridiculous like that). i tried to figure it out with the manual, but to my surprise, the manual is for an 01 a6 avant wagon and some of the controls are different. therefore, i have this inescapable annoying beep. please help me fix it. i live in a traffic ridden area and the only sounds (since i've yet to crack the davinci code on my radio) is this annoying beep!

Old 04-12-2006, 04:00 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: annoying beep

Hey,

I had my brake pads replaced, and in doing so the battery was disconnected to disable the brakepad sensors. When it was disconnected, the radio reset itself to SAFE (beeping) mode. I also did not have the 4-digit reset code. I was told by a few people that the code may be hidden in the spare tire or jack stowage area. My car did not have codes in either place. I had to take it to an Audi dealer. They put diagnostic equipment on the vehicle and pull the radio to match the radio serial # and the diagnostic output numbers. After they do this they can find the radiocode on the Audi database. Be sure to ask for the code and put it on your radiocard away fro the vehicle in case of theft. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the only way to fix your problem, unless you find the proper code. I did 4-5 hours of online searching, but could not get into the codes database. The dealer will charge you $50-60 at most.

-D

Old 04-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Default RE: annoying beep

yeah, i'm thinkin either that or just get a whole new radio put in. it's a cassette anyhow. i'm a magnet for archaeic machinery. needless to say, it's not the radio code that's driving me batty. at first it was, but it's that speed limit warning thingy. i cancelled out the first one, but for some reason, the second one refuses to be put to rest. i can't cancel it out.