Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else tired of the noob posts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:26 PM
1st Gear
Default Anyone else tired of the noob posts?

i'm not saying that i'm the all time poster by any means, but god,a lot of timeswhen i get on here, it's the same questions over and over again by random peoplethat are newbies to the site. use the friggin search button, lord knows that those questions have been posted by noobs thousands of times!

there, i'm done venting now, but i'm sure other people on here feel the same way.
-mike

Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 PM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Anyone else tired of the noob posts?

Yes, but we were all there once. I still consider myself a definite newb since I haven't had my car for too long. I feel sorry for the guys who have been seeing the same dumb questions for years. I've noticed one mod has a paypal link if you want to PM him a dumb question.That's pretty funny.The search function does work wonders though. Sometimes it ispainful to sift through all of the useless posts.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:16 AM

^^ Agree. Actually, It doesn't really bother me. A lot of times,some of these folks already have their cars torn apart and run into a snag. The last thing someone thinks about or wants to use at that time is, the "search" feature.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

Hey sorry about the noob post. From the looks of the eyes and mouth on your cars I can tell your are a very important person who shouldnt be bothered with questions.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 AM

you have to be a new member to enjoy this site and post counts done even come into it ( experience ) I was a noob once and I was a qualified but we dont know everything and ive learned a lot since being here

Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

This is what I am tired of.
People complaing about posts that no one has FORCED them to read.
BENG

Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 AM

are you forced to read or are you just nosey/curious

Old 02-24-2008, 11:27 AM

any site has a beginning and an end * arguments cause the end " so lets not have any and learn the act of argument - V - debate

Old 02-24-2008, 12:10 PM
1st Gear

I am new to this site, and new to the Audi brand (just got my 2000 a6 2.7T about a month ago).

I am a newb to Audi's but certainaly not to cars, engines (gas, diesel and marine), auto and marine modifications, and car forumsetc

Though I only have a few posts on this forum, I have been a very active member on my Jeep Cherokee forum (www.naxja.org).

I agree that all people should try the SEARCH link first, but as we all know, there are many excellent threads that contain excellent information, but they are buried in between threads of people bashing and flaming one another - which, when you are trying to ascertain important specific info in a timely manner - it becomes burdensome.

I personally thank all of the people on here that take the time to answer questions with good information.

Someone had the good idea about posting the "2.7T guide" as a sticky on the top of this forum, but maybe someone could/should add some other stick topics like:

best oil to use in what engine for which season etc
best tires
etc etc

maybe one of the forum mods could see which topics are most often searched-for, and then find some good posts and make stickys out of them. just an idea.

my $0.02

Old 02-24-2008, 01:24 PM
1st Gear

All i'm saying is that they should use the search button first. i'm just tired of reading the same questions everyday. anyways, i know that we were all new at some point in time or another, but you should at least have the common courtesy to try and look for what you need instead of immediately posting an identical topic.

Quick Reply: Anyone else tired of the noob posts?