Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 2.0 TDi 2004

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 03:05 AM
Default Audi A6 2.0 TDi 2004

Hello, guys. First time posting in these forums!
I bought an A6 last January from a car dealer which is a good friend of mine.
I recently have some problems that don't know what the cause of them could be.

The first issue is with the front passenger's window. From the driver's controls I can open the window, but I cannot close it. Sometimes it works but it hasn't worked for 2 months now.

The other problem is with the climate control. I live in a very warm climate(Cyprus) and I have the A/C on always during the summer.
Sometimes (once or twice a month) the A/C starts blowing warm air instead of cool. I've had warm air coming out of the side holes and cold in the middle, or drivers side was blowing cold and passengers side blows warm. In the center the temperature mixes, but from what I understand, because driver and co-driver can set their own temperature, hot air comes from co-driver, warm from driver and since they are next to each other the temp mixes.

Are the 2 problems above common in Audi's? And what should I do?
Take the car to an electrician, service or official Audi representative?

Besides this problems I want to ask after what mileage should I change the oil(don't worry I already changed it when I bought the car and once again) and after what mileage I should arrange for a service?
I know it has a service indicator, but since I live in a dusty and warm climate, there are rumors that whatever the normal mileage is for UK, I divide that by 2 to get the oil change and service mileage for warm/dusty climates.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear

They definitely aren't very common problems. Most Audi's interior's last a very long with little wear (my '99 looks new still). I would probably go to the dealer and see what they think, sounds semi-serious (as in not easy to fix).

Your oil question is based on what you're putting in it (better be synthetic!). Then you can change the oil around 5-7K (synthetic lasts much longer). Here is your maintenance schedule: http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/Audi/Ma...e_Schedule.pdf