Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 avant

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 avant

Just purchased an 03 a6 wagon with 48000 from a private person.

Do i still qualify for the 50,000 warranty even though i am the second owner and it was not pre certified ?

I noticed a small oil stain in the womens garage and very little oil on the seal of the pan but i would like to bring it in and have them double check. Also there is a crackling noise when i open the sunroof.

Thanks for all the help
Ivan

Old 10-09-2006, 07:30 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi A6 avant

Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of help here.
You may want to do a topic search to see if there are already some posts that can answer your questions.

As for the warranty, you would have to check with the dealer to see what your eligability for the warranty transfer would be.
If you financed it, you might be able to get a deal on a used-car warranty underwritten by a private company (but see what the warranty actually covers first) Audis are usually pretty reliable up to 70-80K miles, but if you do need something, it could be expensive. I would definately recommend warranty coverage. Also, unless you're a skilled mechanic with a lot of diagnostic tools (computer-wise), you may want to find a good independent mechanic shop that specializes in Audis. Find someone who's owned an Audi for a while, and ask them for their recommendation.

As for the oil pan - don't know. Don't recall that pan leaks have been a problem. (But since you bought it from a P.P., it might be a good idea to have someone check the whole vehicle out.)

The noise from the moonroof opening could just be the seal breaking when you open it (normal), or it could be something else. Go to a dealer used car lot that has an A6 - see how another one sounds.
Also....did you find your owner's manual yet?

Clue: It's hiding in plain sight, right in front of you when you're in the drivers seat.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:35 PM
1st Gear

OK so i have an appointment on tues oct 27

My car has 49000 on it as off today....

Anyone else know about the warranty issue...

Also i am still looking for the manual .....I am guessing you were refering to the readout on the dash....But if not please fill me in.........

Old 10-15-2006, 03:34 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: iveking
Also i am still looking for the manual .....I am guessing you were refering to the readout on the dash....But if not please fill me in.........
If you have one, you'll find the owner's manual in a little slot right under the sterering column - part of the lower instrument panel cover.