Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a6 cosmetic mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi a6 cosmetic mods

Hey guys im looking for some ideas for some cosmetic changes i could do to my car. I have a black 2004 2.7t 6 speed and im 16 and its completly mine and i want people to not think its my parents car because i did save up and pay for the whole thing. Im definatly gonna do some sort of rims im looking for like 19s preferably rs4 reps or just something chrome thats not to ghetto or flashy but i dont want my car to look to high. I would get lowering springs but i love the ride of the car and i live in new hampsire so the roads here are pretty shitty and i pretty much feel every bump as it is but i love the look but dont wanna drop 2gs on coilovers or anything like that. Im also probely gonna tint my tails and windows and just a few things like that but tell me if you guys have any ideas i dont want it to look ricy at all i just want a really clean look that i can achieve on a somewhat limited budjet because I also would like to hopefully be stage 3 someday but definatly later on because ko4s= $$$$$

Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Administrator

First thing, forget chrome - that's the quickest way to make your car look tacky. On a black car, stick with silver, gunmetal, or black with a polished lip. You might also want to consider 18s instead - I have had everything from 16-19" on my A4, and there is a difference in ride quality between 18" and 19" wheels. The look with the 19s is great, but there's a ride penalty and a risk of wheel damage from the lower profile of the tires.

Lowering - look at H&R or Neuspeed sport springs, something with a 1-1.5" drop. It's not extreme, will still ride nicely, but will look a lot better.

Style - tint should look good if you go mild (40% or so - blacked out windows is something reserved for the Civic guys IMO). Likewise on the tails - light tinting to darken them without blacking them out looks classy. A trunklid lip spoiler and side blades also look very good. You might look into S6/RS6 mirrors too - going to a chrome or brushed aluminum mirror housing looks awesome on a black car.

If you post some pics of your ride it'd help everyone offer suggestions.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 AM
3rd Gear

Avoid 19s -- ride is harsh, rubber is expensive, and NH/VT pot holes will bend them. Google search thoroughly. I like the look of the RS4 replicas and use them with my summer tires. I suggest a tint as well. I went with 35% sides and 15% rear. The A6 is an elegant car. Don't trash it up with slasher stripes, pep boy exhaust, etc. You have a rare (MT6) sports touring sedan so enjoy it for what it is.