Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a6 mod help>>>!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Arrow Audi a6 mod help>>>!

So umm yeh, bought an audi. The 3.0l 2002 model with all the crap in it cept navigation.. do you know if there is a chip for it that works? Please start the answers flowing.. IT's cus i searched all over forums and there ar eno topics like that.. If not, tell me what other modifications I can do..

O and plz don't put ricer mods for example: "O each sticker will give 10 horsepower".! thx.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

i'll be honest...never heard of a chip for that particular audi (especially not from the two major producers, GIAC and APR) but that's not to say there isn't one.

just like any other car i would start with helping your car breathe better. A good intake and exhaust system should get you an extra 30 horses (tho that number is by no means scientific). it really depends on your budget and what you want to do with your car. some dudes stiffen suspension and drop it a little for better handling but ride quality suffers.

i personally like to focus on the look of my car as well as the performance so i did the tint, wheels, painted calipers, and HALO lights before anything else. then i got into performance.

if your looking for parts you can try www.apr.com, gmgracing.com, or tmtuning.com

hope that helps...

Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

The 3.0 is expensive and difficult to mod for increased horsepower. I have heard of a chip, but I'm pretty sure that it really helps much. You should try and find a 2.7 if you really want a go fast a6.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:21 PM

PES is making or has made a supercharger kit for the 3.0L that should push out 350chp, but it will cost $$$ (~$5000).

Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AutoUnionFan
PES is making or has made a supercharger kit for the 3.0L that should push out 350chp, but it will cost $$$ (~$5000).
That's a lot of coin....

Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

also, wouldn't that require a new hood?

Old 06-15-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by strek
i'll be honest...never heard of a chip for that particular audi (especially not from the two major producers, GIAC and APR) but that's not to say there isn't one.

just like any other car i would start with helping your car breathe better. A good intake and exhaust system should get you an extra 30 horses (tho that number is by no means scientific). it really depends on your budget and what you want to do with your car. some dudes stiffen suspension and drop it a little for better handling but ride quality suffers.

i personally like to focus on the look of my car as well as the performance so i did the tint, wheels, painted calipers, and HALO lights before anything else. then i got into performance.

if your looking for parts you can try www.apr.com, gmgracing.com, or tmtuning.com

hope that helps...
I like your style xD.

man, thanks everyone.. I think i'll buy an intake, maybe exhaust depending on the budget and btw what are halo lights?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:03 AM

PES-tuning makes a chip - $600 - 18hp & 12ft/lbs I believe. I also found another company a few weeks back, but forgot to bookmark it and now can't remember the name

Don't mess w/ the intake - factory is perfect for any type of hp this engine can make. There are catbacks available and I even think headers, but they're around $1500, so you gotta be willing to spend some coin for marginal gains on this motor.