Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 - Stuck in Park :(

Old 10-17-2015, 09:08 AM
1st Gear
Post Audi A6 - Stuck in Park :(

Hi

2006 Audi A6 2.0 TDI Auto - I'm stuck in (P) Park and cannot shift out to select another gear. Engine runs sweet

All brakes are perfect, bulbs, fuses, switch checked all electionics working.

I have noticed the Gear selector on the dash is not displaying the gear selected. It should be displaying P but nothing is highlighted

I have pressed the override button under the front ashtray compartment to allow me to more the gear level. Even when I put it in N or D again the gear selection display on the dash is not displaying the gear i'm in?

I had a car auto electicion come and go a code read which on his advanced diagnostic system connected fine and did a full code read.

I have the follow codes which came out

17090 - Transmission Range Sensor F125 - Implausible Signal : P0706
01119 - Gear Recognition Signal
6275 - Park/Neutral Switch

Suggestions please?

Old 10-18-2015, 06:25 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by nizzex
Hi

2006 Audi A6 2.0 TDI Auto - I'm stuck in (P) Park and cannot shift out to select another gear. Engine runs sweet

All brakes are perfect, bulbs, fuses, switch checked all electionics working.

I have noticed the Gear selector on the dash is not displaying the gear selected. It should be displaying P but nothing is highlighted

I have pressed the override button under the front ashtray compartment to allow me to more the gear level. Even when I put it in N or D again the gear selection display on the dash is not displaying the gear i'm in?

I had a car auto electicion come and go a code read which on his advanced diagnostic system connected fine and did a full code read.

I have the follow codes which came out

17090 - Transmission Range Sensor F125 - Implausible Signal : P0706
01119 - Gear Recognition Signal
6275 - Park/Neutral Switch

Suggestions please?
Bump..

Old 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
2nd Gear

From the little I know - I would guess this is a CVT transmission? If so my next guess would be bad TCM? Either way if you have the non-quattro version you are looking at the CVT and that is almost always the beginning of a bad story. Those things fail left and right all the time.

The specific error message could indicate that it's as simple as a faulty park/neutral switch. You would have to get in there and take things apart and test them before replacing stuff if you don't want to throw money out the window.