Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audi a6 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Default audi a6 suspension

I'm new to this forum.
I have an 02 Audi A6 2.7 turbo.
I put on lowering springs on and now I am hearing all kinds of noises from my suspension. I've been to a couple of different local garages and keep getting different answers. The most recent is that I need an adjustable control arm kit, as the camber is off. Can anyone shed some light on this topic as the squeaking and grinding is starting to drive me crazy.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Default RE: audi a6 suspension

That is funny because I have the same car and I was told it doesn't have cambers but a set ride hight. That was told to me by a respected shop it was hard for me to believe but I offered money for them to fix it. The could have taken my money and ran but they told me the truth. If it sounds like a cluncking it is probably your control arms, just have them replaced, I bought the RS6 version of them because I live in San Francisco and I am an idiot driving around like the movie bullet. It can also be tie rods both these are fairly inexpensive fixes. Get it fix though because you will ruin your tiers allignment andyou coul have a complete failure and loose control of the car.

I hope that helps.