Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi dash questions help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:58 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi dash questions help!

I have just two questions. See the picture below:

The top one just came on today and the bottom one is always there obviously just curious as to what the 30mph stands for.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

The top one means your low on windshield washer fluid, and the 30mph is probably the average speed you have travelled since it was last reset.
On the lever to the right of the steering wheel there is an up/down switch and a clear button. You can use the up/down to change that to show average mpg, current mpg and other stuff. Use the clear button to rest the value currently displayed.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear
Old 08-15-2009, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear

The top is the low wiper fluid. Carry some with you because that thing scares the crap out of me when it beeps on.

The 30mph is a warning. You can set a warning that comes on when you reach a certain speed. So 30 if you tend to fly down your neighborhood a little fast or if you wanted to set it at 70 to avoid speeding tickets on the highway it will beep and let you know.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 AM
3rd Gear

How about your "Brake" and "ABS" warning lights that are on?
I would be primarily concerned about those as more important than the washer fluid warning or a speed warning.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by chefro
How about your "Brake" and "ABS" warning lights that are on?
I would be primarily concerned about those as more important than the washer fluid warning or a speed warning.
Hey guys, its been awhile since I've got on here but intend to start visiting daily.

As far as the above quote goes, the break light and the ABS light have been checked. Its a bad fuse of some sort. Replacing shortly. All the breaks work and the break light stays on even if the break is down (flashing not solid).

Old 08-28-2009, 03:13 AM
ejb
Default ABS Module

It's not a bad fuse it's the ABS module 99.9% of the time. The flashing light is because the ABS module stopped communicating. It's an easy fix and you can buy the repair service on ebay for $65 from ATE in texas. I sent mine out and had it back in 5 days and its back to working great and they have lifetime warranty on module. Dealer estimate was over $600. ATE will send you instructions if you need them but it is so simple to remove anyone can do it and you can drive it while the module is removed.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ejb
It's not a bad fuse it's the ABS module 99.9% of the time. The flashing light is because the ABS module stopped communicating. It's an easy fix and you can buy the repair service on ebay for $65 from ATE in texas. I sent mine out and had it back in 5 days and its back to working great and they have lifetime warranty on module. Dealer estimate was over $600. ATE will send you instructions if you need them but it is so simple to remove anyone can do it and you can drive it while the module is removed.
Wow thanks man. You have the contact information or anything?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:19 AM
1st Gear

30 mps is the average speed noted before resetting the kms

Old 09-12-2009, 03:31 AM
Exclamation Air bag light and slight whineing n grinding noice when turning wheel

Hey all two questions. What would make the red air bag warning ligh on the dash come on. I was in no accidents or anything to make it turn on. Also when I turn the steering wheel there is a slight grinding and whining noise that is hurd any answers for me would be really appricated. It's a 2004 a4 1.8t quattro. Thank you for you're time

Quick Reply: Audi dash questions help!