Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi down for the count, huge headache with dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 04:57 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi down for the count, huge headache with dealer...

as many of you may know, i'd been previously talking about how my A6 blew an outer pinion bearing in the front dif. i had everything taken apart except for having the transmission out itself when the used car dealership that i bought the car from decided that they were going to help me pay for it. the reason they decided this was because i had only had the car for about 2 and a half weeks after i bought it when it broke and was no longer driveable. so here's how the story goes; i put the car all back together and had it towed over to the indy shop that they wanted to take a look at it before anything was done. the shop took a listen to it and told me exactly what i already knew, and relayed the info to the dealership along with a quote on how much to fix it. the shop quoted $5600 to replace the transmission with a reman unit since they didn't want to take apart the transmission to get to the front dif because they said that they know nothing about the insides of them and weren't willing to do it. surprisingly enough, audi told me the same thing, that they wouldn't crack the case on it because they don't know anything about the insides. now here comes the great part. after the dealership heard how much it was going to cost to fix the car, they started ignoring my calls and not calling me back and were magically "out of the office for the day" every time i called. when i did finally get ahold of the manager, he completely changed his story and told me that "all we were willing to do was to either help you find a cheaper place to get it fixed or take it in on trade" and went on to tell me that they weren't going to pay for the repairs anymore. well it just so happens that i'm friends and neighbors with the county prosecuting attorney here in fort wayne, and am also friends with a high-profile attorney's firm downtown, so they are going to be receiving a nice letter here in the next week. i tried to be nice about this in the beginning, but if they're not going to stand behind what they sell, then they are the ones that are going to get screwed, because there are just some people that you just don't mess with when it comes to things like this, and one of those people is me. so i should be hearing back from them shortly and they should have a little change of heart about the matter. anyways, there's my rant for the day about used-car dealers, frickin **** me off. i'll post an update later on the situation if anyone's curious how this turns out.
-mike

Old 04-27-2007, 05:24 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi down for the count, huge headache with dealer...

Man that sure sucks, hope you get everything resolved...

Some Used car dealealers can be [:'(][:'(][:'(]

Old 04-27-2007, 03:06 PM

this reminds me of that movie true lies....if only you were a secret agent....

Old 04-27-2007, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: rawkdahawdcore

this reminds me of that movie true lies....if only you were a secret agent....
haha, lol, if only...