Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi pure protection (extended protection) - worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:37 PM
SoCal Crew Member

If you haven't purchased one already, check out Western General. I have one from them, 4 yr/48,000 mile. Cost me about $4000 for my plan. I've had my car 7 months and gotten about $4000 in parts replaced by them already. Paid out of pocket about $500 because of deductables.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

^^ Wow! Good for you. I guess I should have one for sure.

My car is still in the dealer...to make a long story short, on my way home (NW suburb of Chicago) from west suburb of Detroit after Christmas, I stopped at Michigan city to refuel. It happened that the Citgo @Franklin street gave me a tank of bad gas. The next day, the car wouldn't start, and I had to have the car towed to the dealer.

It cost me >$600 to diag, pump out the bad gas, and flush/clean the fuel system. The dealer originally suggested to replace all the spark plugs as well. I am glad that I insisted on holding off the spark plugs. And it turns out no need to replace them.

I am still pissed at the gas station. I am gonna write to attorney general, and its local sheriff department. I have a bottle of bad gasoline saved.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:53 AM
1st Gear

I just bought my A6 2 months ago and the dealer offer me a 7 year 100000 mile extended warranty for $1700. Reading this thread now got me thinking maybe I should have bought it

Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

7 year 100000 mile extended warranty for $1700 ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not regret refusing the warranty!

You never looked into the details, correct?

(Bogus money wasted).

Old 01-07-2009, 01:29 PM
1st Gear

From what I was told, it was a Audi platinum warranty. Usually the extended warranty are cheaper when the car is new.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

Actually, the Audi Pure Protection (Platinum Plan) is one of the best warranties out there. It is a true "exclusionary" policy, which means that it will cover repairs for anything not specifically excluded on the contract. Comparison of the list of exclusions with the number of things that could go wrong, it is a pretty short list of exclusions.

Just keep in mind a few other things. Catalytic converters are covered by the federal 8 year 80k mile warranty (I had one replaced ay 79k).

The price quoted to you is pretty good the the Audi Pure. The only reservation you may have is if you use an indy shop...some of them do not like working with 3rd party warranties. However, if you trust your local dealer, they work with Fidelity Warranty Services (the actual warranty company, just Audi branded), and it is pretty seamless.

I'd say if you are worried about ONE major repair that could easily run up to $2k in repair cost over the next 4 years, buy the warranty. Just my two cents.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 AM
1st Gear

Is there a cheaper price on the internet?

Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM

I am looking at buying an Audi A6 or A8 and would want to buy the AUDI PURE PROTECTION if the coverages are the same on the platinum as they are on the Volkswagen Real Driver which is also sold only by VW dealers like Pure Protection is by Audi Dealers. Some dealers on the VW side sell the plan on the internet at a very discounted rate and I would like to find an Audi Dealer who will do the same prior to me buying an Audi.

The Real Driver Warranty has more then paid for itself and Fidelity has been great for the dealer to work with on coverages. I have the zero deductable and it has taken care of many items. TPMS control module, Water Pump just to mention a couple of items.

Please Let me know who sells the Audi pure Protection as I want to line it up prior to buying a car.

Originally Posted by Boston Driver
Actually, the Audi Pure Protection (Platinum Plan) is one of the best warranties out there. It is a true "exclusionary" policy, which means that it will cover repairs for anything not specifically excluded on the contract. Comparison of the list of exclusions with the number of things that could go wrong, it is a pretty short list of exclusions.

Just keep in mind a few other things. Catalytic converters are covered by the federal 8 year 80k mile warranty (I had one replaced ay 79k).

The price quoted to you is pretty good the the Audi Pure. The only reservation you may have is if you use an indy shop...some of them do not like working with 3rd party warranties. However, if you trust your local dealer, they work with Fidelity Warranty Services (the actual warranty company, just Audi branded), and it is pretty seamless.

I'd say if you are worried about ONE major repair that could easily run up to $2k in repair cost over the next 4 years, buy the warranty. Just my two cents.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
1st Gear

hey there,

i am looking to buy that warranty, where did you puchase yours?

Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
1st Gear

I'm purchasing a 2012 A6 tonight and am going to get a warrenty too. Any suggestions on pricing or if I should use the selling dealer?

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Quick Reply: Audi pure protection (extended protection) - worth the money?