Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Audi is right for me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Default Which Audi is right for me?

Well I'm looking to get into something completely different. I have always done pushrod V-8s. Well they're old and I want to learn something new. I really like the audi. Looking for small motor, big power. I've been contemplating the A6. However, here's what I'm looking for:
I want to keep it around $15 for the car itself, not including any modifications.
I think all models are pretty well plush, i.e. leather, all power, ac
Car must be awd.
I would like a 6 spd., however, how do the autos hold up under some power?
The motor must be able to take some power without grenading.
There must be plenty of mods for them also.

I realize I do not give a specific power number but i'm not sure what the bottom ends of these things can take. Or if anyone can tell me if there is a place to go to find specific details about each model and year, engine... etc...

Bascially i'm looking to build a fast, awd, plush car.

Thanks for everyone's help, sorry for the newbie question,
Chris

Old 11-13-2006, 05:08 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Which Audi is right for me?

Chris,

You can to the right place.

You can get a great A6 for the price you are looking for. Make sure you get a 2000 and up model year.
The 2 cars you want to look for are the

2.7T V6 twin turbo the cars loved to be modded the cars with the big turbo kits make over 600WHP

4.2 V8 if you liked the push rod V8 the 4.2 is a V8 but it is worlds different than what you are used to. There are not a ton of performance products but there starting to peak up. Check out the cid link in my sig to see how the 4.2 can sound

Old 11-13-2006, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

Which Audi is right for you? MINE!!! $6200 and its yours...just what we paid for it....

Old 11-13-2006, 05:45 AM
1st Gear

sounds like your best bet would be the 2.7t. it has tons of performance parts, only A6 with a 6 speed. pretty fast stock and even faster with just a chip and there also exhaust, big turbos, ect. As for tiptronic (auto-manual gearbox since your new) it's only a 5 speed, but it should be able to stand up to a chip, exhaust, intake and what not but I'm not sure how great it would be with rsko4 turbo's and what not.
the 4.2 only comes in tiptronic if i'm correct, but it does have a very nice stance because of the wide body, so you might wanna check that out as well.
there are also two styles of a6's depending on the year. pre-facelift(98-02) and post facelift (02-04?05?). pre face lift has a different grill and red tails while the post has a more squared off grill and there was also a amber section on the tails. there are a couple more things that are different too.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:01 PM

I sure did come to the right place. Thanks all. I think the 2.7T is looking pretty apetizing. Four Os, send me some info on yours. What about an A4 though? Which one is faster? That's more important. Are all 2.7T's twin turboed? Also, are there any weak points in the drivetrain?

Thanks again for your help everyone.

Oh, what is a company that modifies these cars.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

yes all 2.7t are biturboed. the 2.7t is almost as fast as a b5 s4 same engine and everything except body, not as good of handling but it's still damn good. the a4's are going to be slower.