Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi wiring harness for Icelink plus?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi wiring harness for Icelink plus?

Hi all,

I bought an icelink pack from ebay recently- it says it is for the Audi A6 etc but then re-read the ad and it says it cannot be used with Navi Plus. They have already shipped it out and it will cost too much to get another. I'm in the UK and it's coming from Canada.

The connection is not the same as I have seen on other Audi Icelink pics (female 20pin and male 20 pin). Here is theone I've ordered:

Can anyone see what the smaller red connector is? I thought it was the Mini ISO 8pin plug?

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/26679/E93E38A8CCA34F0B83B060CFB39D57ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Audi wiring harness for Icelink plus?

I know somebody who can make a wiring harness for you that will allow the IceLink Plus to work with nav...

Head over to the Audio forum on www.audiworld.com (here) and search for posts on the subject by TeddyBGame. He can hook you up with what you need.

Good luck.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:31 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi wiring harness for Icelink plus?

Well I think i'll wait for the item to arrive and see what the connector actually is.

Yes, I have been reading many posts by TeddyBGame- a very useful resource in general.

Well I've managed to source one from a UK dealer if worst comes to worst @ £20 GBP.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:39 AM
1st Gear
Default UPDATE: RE: Audi wiring harness for Icelink plus?

Just received my Dension today and it turns out that the harness is the 'standard' one for Audi (male and female '20 pin'red plugs).

The picture in the ebay ad was misleading as one of the connectors is totally different to what is in the box.

Well I've almost got all my components to do a 'major' upgrade: Single DIN Concert to RNS-D Navi Plus with the Dension installed in the armrest I think. Still waiting for the double din cage - very expensive!

HopefullyI can take a few picturesto aid other folks (although I know this upgrade has been talked about many times!).

Old 11-03-2007, 07:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: UPDATE: RE: Audi wiring harness for Icelink plus?

I just got an audi 2000 2.7t with a dension ipod interface in it. The dash cd player throws an error and I cannot get the navigation to work. Does this kill the dash cd player and nav?