Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Selector Level Lock indicator not lighting - break lights do not turn off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Kot
Default Automatic Selector Level Lock indicator not lighting - break lights do not turn off!

Evening All! Have a 2003 Audi A6 3.0 QTRO. A month ago automatic selector level lock (yeah, the "foot pressing on the pedal" indicator on the gear selector) just stopped showing up. I could probably live with that, however, my brake lights are now always on, as if someone is sitting in the cabin pressing break lights when the car is locked and on alarm. It drains the battery like crazy, and had to do jumping from shady individuals. I had been fixing the problem by pulling the cord from the battery every single time I park overnight or for long periods of time, leaving the hood open with the lever to open the hood sticking out. Sometimes the indicator would work again, and the problem is gone. Now it almost never works... Any ideas what is the cause and how to get it corrected?

Old 08-21-2010, 01:04 PM
2nd Gear

There are many recent threads in relation of your problem.
Just search the forum:
-brake switch
-display
-gear selector

You'll be amased about the amount of info one can get!