Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad parts from Blauparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 PM
1st Gear
Default bad parts from Blauparts.com

well after only 6 months my serpentine belt is bad and my thermostat is leaking when the car has been run and turned off,not only that the idler is puking grease and needs to be replaced. we will be replacing all the parts that Blauparts.com sold me needless to say I will never buy anything from these people again. I just wanted everyone here to be warned about the clearly inferior parts these people are foisting upon the Audi community.I have read on many websites about a leak in the cooling system on Audi A6's where the car loses coolant after it is shut down and most all stated they had got their timing belt kit from Blauparts ,now I know why.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 PM
1st Gear

I'll second that, I bought a timing kit from them, water pump lasted 6 months. During that 6 month period before failure I bought 2 CV boot kits- They failed in 6 months also. I will NEVER purchase another part from them EVER-PERIOD. I dont know if ECS tuning is any different, but I'll find out in 6 months or so...I just installed the replacement boots today, we'll see how they hold up. If its critical I'll go OEM-dealer from now on.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 AM
3rd Gear

Sorry for your mishaps, fellas.
I only purchased over time a couple of things from them. At first, I bought a Fluids Kit... It came short of coolant than what was actually needed for a timing belt job.
Just as you, I said I will never purchase anything from them again, but then they had the struts kit for $ 300. We'll see how long the struts last.

I purchase my parts mostly from Arizona Autohaus. Beside a set of coated Meyle rear rotors (made in China), I always got parts made in Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Italy or France. In most cases they have also the lowest price points around for OE/M stuff.
ECSTuning comes across as another "overrated" merchant, but that's just my biased opinion.
I have purchased stuff from them, but they typically ship stuff from who-the-hell-knows-where their warehouses are.
Both times I purchased stuff from them the shipping took two weeks- no kidding, both times. From Arizona Autohaus I get the parts in about 7 days, but the ground shipping is free over $ 50 in purchase. Can't ask for a better deal...

Last edited by chefro; 01-25-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 AM
1st Gear

now i'm scared. i'm at 3 months post-tb job, kit from baluparts. any advanced warnings of failures, or just sudden breakage?

Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear

Just to be fair, I purchased a blauparts TB kit three years ago and my indie shop did the fix (at 94k miles). I now have 184k and no issues with the waterpump or serpentine. Next month it gets it's second TB replacement. My indie shop also replaced my rear rotors with Centrex and they lasted 78k until I had to replace all four rotors (again with Centrex) and pads. I also replaced the alternator with a rebuilt unit from a local auto store 109k ago and the CV boots about 10k ago. When you see good/better/best pricing for a part, you can pretty much be certain the good is Korean or Chinese. And a lot of oem parts are made in Asia and eastern Europe -- OOOO outsources to 1st and 2nd tier suppliers just like everyone else.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:22 PM
3rd Gear

Well, since were venting our Blauparts.com furstrations, I might as well join in.

I've only ordered 2 things from them over the years.

1st was my Bilstein shock kit, I ordered HD front/rear and received sport front/hd rear (my fault for not verifying until 3 years later)

2nd was the rear hatch/liftgate shocks, they're so powerful, when you open the hatch it flies open so fast it shakes the whole car. I must have received shocks for a different car, one with a hatch that weights a lot more than mine. For the 1st month, I had to put all my weight into shutting the hatch (180lbs) and it would still win sometimes. When I called and said I think I received the wrong part, they explained it was the correct part and it would soften in a few weeks. Well 2 years later, it does open a little slower, but you still don't want your face/head anywhere in it's path as it will be removed and I can now shut the gate with just both hands, no need to put my whole by weight into it. But it's not easy, my mom was unable to shut it no matter how hard she tried. I guess I could just replace them, but I've gotten so used to it I don't even think about it. Accept when a friend returns my car and proceeds to tell me how my liftgate nearly decapitated them and then they needed a by standard to help them shut it.

I should make a video of it someday, it's rather funny now that I think about it.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear

You know we should look up the best parts and come up with a thread with part numbers prices and suppliers for the best timing kit parts. That's the reason I use Blau they had an all in one package.

But now that I've had many a fondling with my cars I would feel better ordering my own crap.

The accessory belt they sent me for my 4.2 smelled like crap for 8 months! Crap I tell you!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

This sucks ....i had the advanced timing belt kit and valve cover gasket seals replaced this weekend. All parts from Blua. Hopefully everything works out >_<

Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Princess G
This sucks ....i had the advanced timing belt kit and valve cover gasket seals replaced this weekend. All parts from Blua. Hopefully everything works out >_<
I'm sure you're fine. Blauparts overall is an ok place, they only resell parts so it's not like they're making their own crappy parts. If you bought a kit with quality parts, I'm sure it will be fine, Blauparts was just the reseller anyways. I will still do business with them if they're the cheapest but I sure as hell am gonna verify the parts before I install them. Which is a good practice anyways.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 PM
2nd Gear

Ditto the bad water pump. I got 8 months out of mine. But, anyone is going to sell reman pumps out of China with crap bushing, so I don't so much blame BlauParts as I do Made in China.

On the other hand, my bramd new from Audi washer jet assemblies both broke upon assembly. Both. Really crap plastic. German recycled junk.

But, then again, the new PPG Made in US of A windshield has a bad spot in it and will have to be replaced as well.

But, my 23 year old Made in Japan Mazda runs like a champ!

Bob

Quick Reply: bad parts from Blauparts.com