Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Help 95 Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 AM
1st Gear
Default Battery Help 95 Audi A6

have a 95 audi A6 2.8 quattro and bought it used 2 years ago. the car was not starting after its sits for 2 or 3 days so when i took the back seat out to check battery i saw it was marked Jan 2002 and it was a 72 month battery so it should of been replaced in 2008 so i checked and audi wanted well over $200 so i took it to my local shop cause my Dad is friends with the owner and the mechanics all know that so we trust them and they always have not failed us so they put a new battery in which was a Ac Delco and when i got it home i went to put the car seat back in as i took it out for convenience for them and i noticed a clear plastic tube that runs in to the floor and it was not connected at the other end so i called them up and the mechanic said its there for venting so i asked why it was not hooked up and he said the old battery they took out was not hooked up so i asked does it not need to be vented and he said thats correct so does any one no if thats true. they said the originally battery that came with the car new back in 95 was a vented battery but when the originally owner replaced they went with a battery that did not need venting .any info would help as i don't want any vapors or gas coming in as i have 2 small children that sit back there

Old 01-14-2012, 06:39 PM
2nd Gear

Thought you trusted them.

I have no idea what they installed, Delco does make good parts.

Is it a gel battery? They don't require vents.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:16 PM
1st Gear

trust them that they wont rip us off and do needless repairs as of doing the job correctly thats another issue which i have.i don't believe its a gel battery as it cost $99 and i can call and ask but wanted to get some feedback before i went in and ask them what the hell are they doing putting a vented battery in and not venting it. i will go pull the seat out and see what info i can get off the battery and try to google it

Old 01-17-2012, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

only info i got off battery is its a ac delco 7 year professional battery # model 05560, i saw no where to vent. i have seen pictures of batteries that have a yellow port or spot on top of battery for venting and i don't have that, i emailed ac delco directly will see if they can help

Old 01-17-2012, 07:29 PM
3rd Gear

Generally speaking all liquid/acid batteries have vents. Some batteries have vent kit that allows the gas to escape through a designated path. As you said, the dealer battery is expensive, but it will last you a long time with proper battery vent kit. My interstate battery had a vent kit attachment that connected to the factory vent hose.

Does it matter? Probably not... But it looks cool!