Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose Radio Code - 2nd Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by colemanr99
I have similar problems as above. only I don't have the radio removal tools, I don't think I do anyway, or the radio manual. Can I get the code with the vin# only
The radio removal tools are just a few $ on Ebay.. What are you waiting for?

Old 07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NH_USA
The radio removal tools are just a few $ on Ebay.. What are you waiting for?
Waiting for someone to give him the code so he won't have to buy the tool to remove the radio.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:43 PM

thanks

Last edited by bigomaster; 08-13-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:39 PM
1st Gear

,, Boy it takes all kinds eh ? ..
anyway .. if you don't have your code try looking on the options sticker in the trunk. sometimes techs write it there .

Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by upallnight
Waiting for someone to give him the code so he won't have to buy the tool to remove the radio.
I simply asked a question. Thanks for all of the sarcasm... BTW the radio was already permanently locked. YOu're right though it does take all kinds... including arrogant no it alls

Old 08-17-2010, 05:22 PM

Symphony Radio should be only locked for an hour after three unsuccessful attempts as explained to me by Audi dealership. So give it another shot. You have to press certain keys on the radio before entering code. Please let me know if you need that key combination.
Also someone here suggested looking for a sticker in the trunk. I learned it the hard way. I had to pay dealer to unlock my radio and then found info on the web about trunk sticker. My car had it. I wonder why "nice guys" at the dealership never mentioned it!?

Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM
3rd Gear

Writing the code on the trunk sticker is a rare. It depends upon the folks that owned the vehicle or individual dealers.

As for getting the unlock code - The only way I know to get a LOST code is to get it from the dealer.

In this case the guy told us that the dealer told him what to do and he came on here looking for a cheep way out. We confirmed that the dealer was the only way and even told him an inexpensive way to get the tools to remove the radio. If he had done a search in this forum he would have seen a post by someone in the past that made his own radio removal tools and he may have saved a few dollars - but God only knows why someone with an Audi would be that cheep. The search would also confirm theat the dealer was the only way.

Maybe the comment about by upallnight was a bit strong but it is true.

iceman - Why didn't you mention the trunk sticker earlier? Could it be written on the bottom of the front seat? or How about on the back of the relay cover? Maybe on the roof of the glove box?

Last edited by NH_USA; 08-18-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Default What good is buying removal keys when the radio is permanently locked?

According to the dealership my radio is permanently locked. What good is buying removal keys when the radio is permanently locked? They suggested buying a new one (from them of course) , however I would have to give my current radio.

My mechanic thinks, he says the Audi dealership told him this, that if he disconnects the battery for 24 hours the radio will reset itself and the code can then be entered. We'll give that a try. If that doesn't work; I'll buy the new one and exchange the old. I just wonder why they want the old so called "permanently locked" one. Could it be that they can reset it and just want to sell another one and get the 125 labor charge?

BTW it's not a matter of being cheap, but rather getting the facts, all of them, before spending my hard earned cash. At any rate 14.00 for removal keys, 65.00 for labor at the dealership, and still no sounds.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:01 AM
1st Gear
Default radio codes easy way

call audiusa.com give them the vin# and they will tell you where it was sold and that phone number. call the dealer ask for service dept tell them you lost your code and give them your vin# and they will give you the code.......

done deal two calls

Old 08-23-2010, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by colemanr99
According to the dealership my radio is permanently locked. What good is buying removal keys when the radio is permanently locked? They suggested buying a new one (from them of course) , however I would have to give my current radio.

My mechanic thinks, he says the Audi dealership told him this, that if he disconnects the battery for 24 hours the radio will reset itself and the code can then be entered. We'll give that a try. If that doesn't work; I'll buy the new one and exchange the old. I just wonder why they want the old so called "permanently locked" one. Could it be that they can reset it and just want to sell another one and get the 125 labor charge?

BTW it's not a matter of being cheap, but rather getting the facts, all of them, before spending my hard earned cash. At any rate 14.00 for removal keys, 65.00 for labor at the dealership, and still no sounds.
I know it sounds strange but this did work for my daughters car her radio would not do anything no display and wouldnt accept the code we removed it to check the fuse on the backside which was good we left it out so she stopped at the dealer to ask about getting a new one and they said the same thing so they popped it back in for her and it started working again and has continued to do so for about 6 months they said they see this happen and said it is almost like a computer locking up after being unhooked it will sometimes work again.

Quick Reply: Bose Radio Code - 2nd Owner