Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake help!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Brake help!!!

I was lucky enough to join the audi family with the purchase of my '02 A6 3.0L quattro, and now I'm lucky enough (cough) to start maintenance on it! I need to change my pads but I have a couple questions...

Do i need to measure my rotors to find out if they're 321 or 312mm? or is there a standard size for the 3.0Q?

Also, are the brake calipers single or dual piston calipers?

finally, any suggestions on reasonably affordable but good quality pads/rotors for the future?

sorry for the noob questions, just want to make sure i take care of my car so it takes care of me thanks!

Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
1st Gear

I do believe the 3.0 came in single piston only, but please don't quote me on that. Here is a link for the 321 front rotor / pad set: http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail....od=D2B1117%2DC
I just ordered the front set for my Allroad from them, and I am VERY happy with it (just had them installed yesterday). You will need to measure your rotos, but should be pretty easy. They have a TON of useful brake info on their site.

And you will need to replace your rotors as well as your pads. They made these cars with thinner rotors to save weight, and they cannot safely be turned. But this set will cost you less than just the pads at most brake shops, so just do it!

Is your brake pad sensor light on in the dash?

How to determine your brake setup:
http://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_b...isc_size.shtml