Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buss sound coming from dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Default buss sound coming from dash

I have a little annoying problem, i hear a (buzz) noise when i drive, it comes and goes everytime the car is on basically. it sounds like its coming from the air flow system, it isnt from the speakers, that i am sure off! anyone with a simillar problem?>> i want to get rid of it, fix it, but i cant figure out where it is comig from, can a leak in the airflow system holes or whatever cause the sound>?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: buss sound coming from dash

i have the same problem which i am about to fix because it gets verrry annoying. From what others have said it can either be the bulb from the hazards, or a short in the blinkers...someone else chime in since i would also like to hear what others have done.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:40 AM

$22 for a new hazard switch from http://genuineaudiparts.com/. See my postin https://www.audiforums.com/m_705692/tm.htmfor installation instructions.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:17 PM

is it really? i dont think i have any problem with my turnsignals, not what i know off, they work properly, is it still possible that its the hazard switch?
thx for ur fast replies

Old 12-11-2007, 01:55 PM

some time ago I had a leak from my vacuum system - I had to check the all piping going from engine to vacuum switch under the hood, and to air flow filter.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Site Moderator

The hazard switch is a dual relay, its the same relay used for the turn signals, and hazards.
There is two possiblities here, one and most likely is the hazard switch (red triangle in the dash) so try replacing that first, if it continues to buzz after replacing the hazard relay remove the relay ASAP as not to damage it.
This means the turn signal stalk is shorting out the hazard relay and needs to be replaced, this diagnosis is beginning to become more common and took me several pain staking hours to discover this problem.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

i have a buzz comming from the dash too... but i read on this forum sometime backthat it is the sound of the turbos. If you searchthese forums for "buzz" and"dash" you should findwhat i'm refering to.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:44 PM

its a fan related to the aircon which measures the air temp in the cabin and a pain in the butt and should be a recall issue, mine does it as well[:@]

Old 12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Teutonic2.7T

i have a buzz comming from the dash too... but i read on this forum sometime backthat it is the sound of the turbos. If you searchthese forums for "buzz" and"dash" you should findwhat i'm refering to.
Thats retarded, you can actually feel the buzz if you place your finger on the hazard switch.
How the hell could a turbo cause a buzz? [&:]If any thing the turbo would sound like a police siren if it were bad.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

yea, u missunderstood me.. .. I didn't say that the turbos were going bad.only that turbos make sound.

also you might wanna check this thread out:

https://www.audiforums.com/archive/t...-124012-1.html

Quick Reply: buss sound coming from dash