Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Interior light/alarm problem

Old 07-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Question s8 interior light and alarm issue

I am a new memeber joining as a result of finding the post on this subject. I have an intermittent problem with a 2003 s8 similar to the problem described here. About 1 out of every 5 times I turn on the ignition and start driving the car, the dome light will go on and off as well as the driver's compartment footwell light. Upon locking the car the alarm will go off after 30 seconds, with the dome light and footwell light continuing to flash even after the ignition is switched off. However, when the hood, trunk, or a passenger door is opened and shut something appears to have been reset and the flashing will stop after the central locking system is engaged and the alarm at that stage does not sound. This has been a very stubborn problem as the car has been to the dealer and their diagnostics first showed multiple faults. As a guess the hood latch was replaced as a cheap fix since this most often seemed to reset the system. At that point the diagnostics came up fault-free but the problem re-emerged after two days. I don't know where to go with this at this point. I have noticed in the post for an A6 that it is possible to start troubleshooting by disconnecting the front footwell wire. I don't know which one this is however. I also own a 2001 A6 that has never shown evidence of this problem. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated as I am stumped (and poorer!).

Old 07-20-2009, 08:08 PM
3rd Gear

Chriss8,

I would start by disconnecting the footwell light under the drivers seat. (mine is located above the red connector) Attached is a pic from my A6 to maybe give you a reference. If that doesn't solve it, disconnect the drivers door latch wiring harness and see if the dome lights still flash. Lastly is their water in your central convenience computer?

Old 11-06-2010, 01:39 PM
1st Gear
Question Problem on the driver side -back and front foot and red door lights dont work

Hi my A6 '00 have the problem just on the driver side .. CPU things both doors are always closed so the lights never come on any of the foot light or red door lights.. any suggestions.. Thanks in adwance....

Old 05-07-2014, 07:06 PM
1st Gear

Same issue...
C5 A6, problems originally started with intermittent interior lights flashing (didn't notice foot well light, just dome/map lights) a month or more ago. I did some research but came up with no solutions that seemed to fit.

On Monday i was out running some errands, upon returning home i rolled up my windows but they wouldn't move. I found that the fuse no. 14 had blown. I replaced that and everything seemed to be fine. This morning on my way to work, lights flashing, windows not moving. Replaced fuse again. As soon as i replaced the fuse, I rolled up my windows and finished my drive to work. Before i got to work (less then 5 minutes later) the fuse had blown again.

I replaced it yet again when i got home and now I cant get it to duplicate the issue. I've been checking foot well lights to make sure they are turning on and off appropriately and they are.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

After doing some more trouble shooting and browsing other forums I'm leaning towards door switch/sensor.

I'm assuming that there is 1 in each door that could be the problem?

Old 05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

Also, When the fuse is blown I also cant full lock my car. The doors will be locked but car won't honk when I use the remote to lock the car and the tail lights will flash repeatedly.

Seems like more reason to think its the door switch/sensor

Old 05-10-2014, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

I unplugged the foot well lights for the rear seats and all is well now