Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabin Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 03:02 AM
1st Gear
Default Cabin pressure problem of Audi

Originally Posted by Bretta6
This may saound a little strange, but I want to check if anyone else is or has experienced the same problem that I am experiencing in my new second hand Audi A6 2.4 (with S-line package, low profiles, lowered suspension, sunroof....as this info may help with an explanation to the problem), with 8000km on the clock.

I love the car it is a stunner, BUT,

I have had the car for 2 weeks, and every time I drive the car, I get the blocked ears sensation (like you get in a plane on take off), at first I thought it was just a problem with me, but 2 weeks down the line it still happens every time I drive the car. It has gotten to the point now where I have ear ache.

Has anyone come across something like this?, if so what was the cause and then solution.

I have notified Audi SA and I will be taking the car in to a dealer (they have not heard of this before, so they say).

As I said up there, I love my car, but if this continues I cannot keep it and will be forced to move over to another brand..............

We also facing same problem. We have Audi A4. When higher speed, we feel weird ear sensation. Cabin pressure not managed well. Terrible Aerodynamics ☹️

Old 12-30-2018, 03:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Bretta6
Thanks for the reply's.

I know about the sun roof problem, I had that in my 2003 A6, actually in my new baby it does not do it as bad.

But no I am not talking about the sun roof (I would have mentioned it in my 1st post). I am experiencing this with everything nice and shut.

Audi SA, has come back to me and has told me to put the re-circulate button on, and see if this helps, then this will steer them in the right direction to try and fix the problem, as they to have not heard of this problem, to this extreme.

But trust me guys, I first thought that it was me being full of sh*t, but trust me after 2 weeks my ears are killing me...and it is getting to the point where I do not want to drive my car.

Yes we also facing same problem. Everything on this thread tried but no solution. I dont feel comfortable in A4. So sad

Old 12-30-2018, 09:38 AM
1st Gear

How long have you had the A4? As it turns out, my Q7 just needed some breaking in. After driving it about a month on lots of back roads and bumpy roads, it was perfect. It was almost as if it just needed to be shaken up a bit to release whatever seal was causing the cabin pressure...

Old 05-07-2023, 05:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Same cabin pressure problem in my 2021 A7

I realize this is an old thread but did anyone figure out any solution? Feeling an unpleasant ear pressure as speed increases… to the point I’m thinking of selling the car a month after buying it 😞
Thanks for any advice!!

Old 05-07-2023, 08:58 AM
1st Gear

Hey! This is OP. I don't really remember when this situation alleviated itself but it did! It's just a well made car with good seals. Take it on some fast, bumpy roads and it'll get better! It took a little bit of time so be patient, but it will get better and better.

Old 05-30-2023, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

I am very late to this thread but thought I would offer some advice. I work in collision repair. I once encountered a truck, that was doing the same thing, you could not hardly stand to be in the truck unless the recirc button was on. First thing I checked was the cabin vents. Apparantly, the previous owner went a little crazy with the dynamat(sound absorbing mat), he had it ALL OVER the place in the rear panels of the truck, then on top of that used household spray foam, and had literally foamed over the cabin vents. So my advice to anyone that comes across this thread, is check the vents in the trunk first. They are usually located in the rearward most corner just under the tail lamp in the side of the quarter panel. These are a one way vent, they let air out, but do not let air in. Make sure they are clear and free to move. The trunk is not sealed to the rest of the cabin, so as long as the trunk vents are working, you should be good to go.