Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car smoking when hot

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Default car smoking when hot

Hi i'm new to the fourm, i got a audi 2.5 tdi on a 99 plate, when the car starts up and it warm it starts to blow blue smoke, and if i drive it the smoke gose worse it wont stop, i'v changed the turbo, serviced the car but the problem is still there, the car has done 70k, when i open the oli cap, as the car is started, it blows a lot of pressure out, any advice would be halpfull, thanks...

Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: car smoking when hot

Sounds like you have bad rings or a bad piston.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:55 PM
2nd Gear

yea, it seems theres an oil leak. look if theres any oil dripping from the block or something. my buddys car smoked cuz he had oil dripping onto the turbine

Old 09-17-2006, 05:11 PM

Hi U have got a little prob if not cured soon is gonna cost U a fortune !
Crankcase breather filter is stuffed !
Heres what it will do !
Turbo will blow all seals ! New blower ! [:@]
Rocker gaskets will leak!
Oil pumps out of the crankcase front pulley housing ( Means stripping front of car and all timing etc
Prob hander next time for me is rip the engine out might be easier to replace the tin gasket that only costs about 4 quid !!!![:'(]
The cure
Ok lift off engine cover
remove turbo ( WHEN COLD )
between fuel injection pump and turbo is a black plastic round lid with a metal cover ( Crankcase breather filter) Remove two torax screws and remove
Get a new one from Audi (Audi only do it ) But get the 180Bhp one it looks a little different but fits no probs as I replace mine an no probs since !
Too fit this one U may need to remove an injector pipe or two to get it down into place.
If ur dealer parts guy trys to argue it wont fit tell Him to set the other one up anyway ! Ps this one is cheaper anyway ! ps dealer can look it up on his 180bhp 2.5 engine parts list same engine block only a few differant bits
How do I know this well been there done that and spent a fortune !
Good job Im a mechanic and not having to pay Audi for repairs !

Old 09-25-2006, 06:27 PM

thank you for your advice, i have had piston rings changed, stumpsils changed and also had the injectors reconditioned, and changed the turbo, but i have a problem now, i cant get the car started. when i turn the engine on i get the fuel till the injectors, but it seems like the fuel is not going through the injectors. the local garage are saying that the injector pump has no pressure, is that true? because when i un-do the nuts on the fuel injectors the fuel comes out when i start the engine, but not going in the injector. before i had all the work done the injector pump was working perfect. please advice what could be the problem.