Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Certified Warranty Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Certified Warranty Coverage

I am in market to buy a slightly used 2007 or 2008 A6. As these cars seem incredibly complex , I prefer to only own it during a warranty period. While thefirst several years will be covered by remainder of initial bumper to bumper warranty,the later years of my ownership will be covered only by the certified warranty.

How comprehensive is the certified warranty? Without listing every part covered, are most major systems, including simpleammenities like back-up cameras, power windows etc, all covered by Certified Warranty? Does someone know of a resource explaining what the certified warranty covers and what it EXCLUDES?

Thanks.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Certified Warranty Coverage

Found my own answer at http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/Certified_Audi.htmlin case anyone has similar question in future. Everything looks as I'd expect except for this, which directly follows the reminder that wear items are not covered:

Many components on your Certified pre-owned Audi will wear based on driving techniques, exposure to elements, or gradual normal deterioration. Items that have failed based on any one of these criteria are not considered to have a factory defect and would not be covered under your Audi Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty.

Maybe I'm paranoid but it seems they could make a determination that virtually anything falls into normal wear and tear, bad driving technique, or gradual deterioration. What have people's experiences been with Audi fixing things under the CPO program? I don't intend to be abusive, but I don't want to pay the added costof a certified car if the insurance premium has no policy behind it. Any help appreciated.