Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed leaking heator..now blowing cold air

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Default Changed leaking heator..now blowing cold air

Hi,

The car is 96 a6 wagon quatro 2.8

My heater core was leaking and I changed it myself then hooked up everything properly and now I don't get heat even though I drive the car for over an hour. The gauge temperature is normal it stays on the first thick line as it has to.
I also tried to bleed the radiator after I added coolant by opening the cap on the coolant reservoir to let the air go.

No heat after heater core change, before I had good heat with the leaking heater core....

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
1st Gear

Not sure, but it sounds like an air bubble. Remember that the HC is the highest point in the coolant system. Park your front end on some ramps and then fill it up making your radiator the highest point in the system and you should be able to get rid of that bubble.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:18 PM

I also came across with some posts about the heater flap valve that may not be opening... I have couple empty outlets where I should have vacuums running, but I don't anybody who has a diagram on the vacuums?

Which is the heater flap valve the one between the heater housing and the other box on the passenger side where the cabin air filter is located or...?

I see a yellow circle-like valve which is opened between these two boxes and doesn't seem to be opening...

Could that be the problem?

Thanks

Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

A friend of mine replaced the heater core on his A6 as well.
He was never able to make things functioning as they supposed to do.
His only advantage is he is fast as pit stop technician in removing the heater core and surroundings (after so many disassemblings-assemblings).
Your chance is – you do not leave in cold climate area…