Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light Blinking

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Check Engine Light Blinking

Hello guys,

I was driving my dads 2002 Audi A6 3.0 automatic. Suddenly I started driving and noticed the car starting to shake when giving it gas. The check engine light came on and started flashing. I drove the car slowly around 10-20 mph for about 2 miles. I stoped the car in my parking lot, and openend the hood. Some was coming out on the left side of the car. It wasn't from the engine, it was on the side under plastic. Does anyone know what it could be. The temps. were good no overheating or anything like that. The car has 118k on it and the timing belt and anything else was done. Please let me know,

THANKS

Old 03-30-2008, 08:44 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Check Engine Light Blinking

Sounds like a misfire- have the codes read to confirm. If so, replace your wires and plugs about $200 for good wires. I would not keep driving as you could ruin the cats.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:20 AM

So what was coming out? Smoke, oil, coolant, wires, the boogie monster?

Gotta have some details or we're just guessing.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
3rd Gear

CEL on means check the engine soon

CEL blinking means stop the motor now because you could do singificant damage.

Do a VAG Com scan!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 PM
1st Gear

I am not driving the car anywhere now. I got a friend that has a code reader and he will come tommorow. Then hopefully I will know the code. I went today to Audi to see something. My friend told me that it might be the Coils in the cylinder. That is what had happened to him. The guy there asked me what happened. I told him I was driving it stopped and all of the sudden no power and the car started shaking or ratteling. He said I believe it could be the coils maybe a spark plug. So I will see tommorow lets hope nothing to serious. Oh yeah a little smoke was coming out on the left side by the air intake. The guy said that could have been from driving it for a mile down or something. BUT NOT SURE. ATLEAST NOTHING WAS ON FIRE AND THE ENGINGE IS IN TACT.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

Great news I found out what was wrong. The code was P0301 that means the first cylinder misfired. I went to an Audi dealer bought the part for $40 and installed it myself. It was a job for about 3 minutes. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear

coil pack, right?
Changed all 6 on mine!

Old 04-02-2008, 07:25 AM
1st Gear

where are the coil packs on these cars. I have a 2002 and i couldnt find the coils. Mine are already done now, so i should be fine for a few years, but i'd still like to know...

Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
1st Gear

Should be located front of engine- remove the plastic cover and you should see the spark plug wires connected into them on top-

Old 04-02-2008, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

hmm my wires seem to run back behind the engine. My AUDI dealer told me that a flashing CEL means that there's a major Emissions malfunction. I had the same thing when mine misfired.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light Blinking