Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear panel protector on back wheel wells?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:41 AM
2nd Gear
Default Clear panel protector on back wheel wells?

My car has this like slightly transparent sticker kind of thing that is on the back wheel well and goes into the door jamb. Has anyone peeled this off? Since my car is silver, it kind of looks tacky since it is a slight shade of yellow. I am afraid to peel it off though because the paint underneath has been protected by it the whole time and will probably look a different shade than the rest of the car. Anyone else ever done this, will it be ok?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Clear panel protector on back wheel wells?

You may want to keep that sticker on. It's protects that part of the car from rock chips and so forth. It's similar to the lense protector that they have for headlights and hoods.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: alias747

My car has this like slightly transparent sticker kind of thing that is on the back wheel well and goes into the door jamb. Has anyone peeled this off? Since my car is silver, it kind of looks tacky since it is a slight shade of yellow. I am afraid to peel it off though because the paint underneath has been protected by it the whole time and will probably look a different shade than the rest of the car. Anyone else ever done this, will it be ok?
alias-

Thank you for posting this, as I have the exact same sticker on my silver A6. I only have it on one side- The passenger rear fender. It looks slightly yellow too. I was wondering if it was factory or aftermarket. I was actually concerned that it was some sort of body work cover up, as I just bought my car this month. I have read about the clear bras from 3m and such and was wondering if it was basically the same stuff. I am really happy that there is another owner with the same thing,m which tells me the car likely came like this from Audi.

alias- do you have this sticker on both sides of your car, or just on the passenger side? Thanks again for posting this. I have been doing a lot of searching and was going to ask this question myself.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Same thing on mine, also silver. It's on both sides, and is just slightly yellowed. It's a minor thing, but I notice it...

Old 07-10-2007, 04:47 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah mine is on both sides.

It bothers me becuase it is such a different shade than my car so to ME it stands out. I am really considering on ripping them off.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:52 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Since I only have it on one side, I would assume one side was ripped off already... it looks fine. I may get the old hair dryer out and peel this one off too. Yellowish plastic stickers do nothing for me. I'm probably going to detail this weekend, so I'll decide what I am going to do then. Did they only put these on Silver A6s or what? Three owners so far, all silver.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
3rd Gear

FOUR silver owners. Both sides, slightly yellow. I'm not thrilled with them but I prefer the plastic to constantly trying to touch up rock pings, which would look worse. When I bought my car (with 37k miles) there were a lot of missing paint chips on the bumper and even after touch up, it didn't look original. So I put on a bra (on the car, not on me).

Old 07-10-2007, 09:44 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Here it is...

[IMG]local://upfiles/31600/51067DA812784364BA89DDCB566C876B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 PM
3rd Gear

My silver avant has them. I would assume that all A6's have them, not just the silver ones.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:20 AM

I took mine off but it was a white a6 couldn't really tell unless u were close to it. I would use a heat gun light though Also mine had a line from the clear coat across the top. looked fine. or just replace them should be able to order that

Quick Reply: Clear panel protector on back wheel wells?