Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COILOVERS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:21 AM
1st Gear
Default COILOVERS

WHERE ARE THE COILOVERS FOR THE 2.7T ENGINE!!!!!! I need to find the thing they are all connected to and get my engine misfire fixed. P0305. I know its around there some where easy but i just cant seem to find it. Sorry for the some what newb question.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:26 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: COILOVERS

YOU must mean coil packs and you have a misfire on cyl 5.
You know where your spark plugs are? The coil packs are right on top

See the spark plug DIY below. Step 18-19 shows the guy removing the coil pack.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng82.shtml

Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
1st Gear

Thanks Gigi. I actually found this DIY like 5 mins after i posted this. Ill be doing this today. I knew it was on cylinder 5. Ill be switching it and see if it is THAT coilpack or something else. Someone already suggested a place to get the coipacks but its in arizona. Do you know any where were I could get them?

Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM
2nd Gear

local shop or dealer or ECSTuning or PeliocanParts.... most places that sell audiparts.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:16 PM
2nd Gear

easy job just gotta take some stuff apart to access the plugs... might aswell change the plugs if they are old aswell ya kno ... there is another good diy that i used on audidiy.com ... if you have a chip or are getting a chip get spark plugs to support it bc if they arent rated for more fuel then they are gonna wear out quick!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

I did it today. First sort of mechanical job Ive ever done. I switched cyl 5 and cyl 3 coilpacks and got it scanned. The cylinder misfire went away. Maybe just dirty. Good advice Joetm. I do plan on getting a chip soon. APR.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 AM
2nd Gear

i got the giac ... ppl say apr is only good at liek 3000+ rpm which is semi true for giac but ive heard giac is mroe aggressive ... but either one will be cost effective mod ... as for you switching just make sure everything is working bc you dont wanna leave somethign thats messed up on your car ... i have heard a lot of problems labeled misfire cyl 5 tho so maybe the switch is all you needed!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

I hope thats all it was. I heard that about GIAC being more aggressive, butI havent heard about APRbeing only good at 3000+ rpm. Learned something new. I would get the GIAC becuse of the slight amount of HP over the APR, but I dont really need to get all out on it. Plus I figure it'll be a little bit easier on the turbos. What do you think?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear

absolutely ...Ive heard tons fo good stuff about apr and im not sure but it may be more popular ... it also comes with the controller to cycle between programs ...where as with giac they give u a controller but you have to buy all the programs(valley, fueling etc) and then ull have a need for the controller

make sure you do a DV swap to something aftermarket b4 you get the chip I didnt replace mine untill after i got the chip and after i installed them it ran fine with no CEL but i went to get it looked at and i got it re-tuned(after a couple more mods) and its running faster now ... the most important thing about a car is making sure all of the components are working together

Old 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM
1st Gear

O for sure. I read about how they use the cruise control to change programs. Thats why I haven't really modded it out yet. I have a few things Id like to fix first and then Ill be getting it going. I think Ill get the VAST piggie pipes first seeing as they arent THAT expensive and they make a pretty good amount of HP. They are also not far from where I live. and its good for tha turbos.

Quick Reply: COILOVERS