Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant temperature

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Default Coolant temperature

Hello Audiowners all around the world,new member from sweden here!!!

I have a big trouble with my Audi Ride!My coolant temperature is to low when I drive on the highway and when Its cold outside(brrr like Here In Sweden U now).But when Its summer and when I stand still with my Car the temperature shows right (89degrees)
I have replace this parts:

1.Waterpump
2.Thermostat
3.Electronic thermoswitch F76
4.Coolant temperature sensor G62

Nothing of this helps!Today I place a rubbercarpet in front of the radiator.And suddenly the temperature shows right again.Whats the problem?.I heard Many Audis have the same problem.

My car Is Audi A6 2.8 V6 12v Quattro AAH Engine

Old 11-26-2006, 01:25 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Coolant temperature

Hey there, my car had the same problem, my temperature gauge was always on low, and during highway traffic sometimes but hardly, it would mark to the normal position. I had changed my engine coolant temp sensor, and the problem solved right away. My weather is a bit different from yours, Im in Puerto Rico, and its always hot jejejej, but changing the engine coolant temp sensor, should solve the problem, if not I think your Instrument Cluster Panel may be a little faulty, is every other reading doing fine, oil?? fuel?? and is the cluster display working fine?, check that out. Is your new coolant sensor green color?? check that out and let me know.

Rene.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:17 AM
3rd Gear

Make sure the electric fan isnt running all the time. The clutch on the mechanical fan may have bound up causing it to spin to fast at cold temps. Try to spin it with the engine off. It should spin very easily.

Cardboard in front of the radiator has been used by truck drivers in the us for years. It blocks airflow to the radiator so the vehicle runs hotter than normal.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:22 PM

I have replace my coolant temp sensor.I have also replace my multi function temperature sensor(the new sensor was brown).And my instrument clusterpanel is working very fine but not the temperature gauge.
The rubbercarpet I place in front of the radiator Its helps.But I will not have rubbercarpet in my radiator! I will find the problem.

I have also note that my afterrun-funtion does not work.I never heard my radiator fans starting after I turn off my engine after hard drive In hot weather.What was wrong?

(My car is 1997 years model)

Old 12-02-2006, 03:33 PM

most don't have the after run on the fans when ignition is off, you changed the temp sensor GREEN and the fan sensor BROWN there should be another one with a single wire going to it and that's the gauge for the dash

Old 12-02-2006, 03:41 PM

it doesn't seem like a sensor issue. Even though you did it, it still seems like the thermostat opening too soon or stuck open and that would be why when it is moving it over cools and when he is sitting still it will heat up with little or no radiator air flow

Old 12-02-2006, 03:44 PM

this would suggest an air lock or screwed water pump, when the engine is up to temp ensure all the coolant pipes are hot