Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

could this be it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:58 AM
1st Gear
Default could this be it?

hello. back again. the other day when i disconnected the battery, my radio obviously went into safe mode. i entered code that was in my booklet but it would not accept. then i looked at the fuses and fuse 43 was not there. i bought the car used so i have no idea why there was no fuse in there. in my owner's manual it says "s-contact (radio). just wondering if this could be why it is not accepting my code?

Old 02-01-2007, 02:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: could this be it?

Throw a 15 amp fuse in there...or whatever it calls for (amperage) and try it again.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM

#43 is the audio system but I doubt that's your problem since the radio is coming up in safe mode which means its getting power, # 43 should have a fuse in there if its the original radio that is but it sounds like it could be the code your putting in is either incorrect or your not doing it right??

Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 AM
1st Gear

went to buy fuses at local autoparts store but the fuse wouldn't go in, too loose. are audi fuses different than regular atc fuses?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:32 PM

My guess is there are no contacts. Perhaps your car never had that circuit? Pull a fuse from an adjacent location and compare the "contacts" that touch the blades of the fuse. My guess it that #43 has no contacts, and thus, no circuit associated with it. Just a guess...

JJJ