Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CV Boot kit - Which brand to get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
1st Gear

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions. I'll take a look at it tonight or tomorrow and maybe post some pictures.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
1st Gear

If your looking for just the boots go to
ecstuning.com. very reputable

Old 08-11-2008, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear

drop it down to 2nd gear going that speed and tell me the rpm? Your a idiot. Waste your money replacing your axle you monkey

Old 08-11-2008, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

You think you need to replace the axle for a part that commonly breaks? Good job you idiot

Old 08-11-2008, 09:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Pictures of my cv-boots (doesn't look good)

Ok, I took two pictures of each CV Boot. It looks like the rubber boot has completed broken in half.

And

Doesn't look good

Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by wammy18
drop it down to 2nd gear going that speed and tell me the rpm? Your a idiot. Waste your money replacing your axle you monkey
You tell me where he mentioned anything about second gear, let alone any gear. Here try this...

http://www.hooked-on-phonics.com/

Send me the bill I'll write the cost off as a charity expense.

I guarantee if we were having this conversation face-to-face you wouldn't be as cocky as you are right now. Your a tough guy behind your little computer monitor.

Oh Yeah! did you ever post your time slip for the 1/4 mile run you were bragging about. Post some pics of your car too, would love to see it!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear

those look just like my boots. if you don't know how long they've been torn, I would replace the joints. some people claim it's easier to replace the entire axle, but there can be issues with getting the correct axle.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ryuuoh
those look just like my boots. if you don't know how long they've been torn, I would replace the joints. some people claim it's easier to replace the entire axle, but there can be issues with getting the correct axle.
Obviously, were idiots, ryuuoh. You've heard the same thing that i have and your trying to share your first hand knowledge with a fellow forum member thats in a similar postion.

Wammy, your a joke!

Old 08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

No... you are a joke for not even knowing how long your cv boot was torn. Look at your pics who is the ******* idiot

Old 08-11-2008, 11:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Best deal on CV boots

BACK ON TOPIC:

Originally Posted by audi_sf
My outer CV boots are cracked and need to be replaced. The cheapest part I found is here for ~$15:
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...V%20Boot%20Kit
Order up the pair from Auto Haus AZ.

I re-did my '99 A6 Avant in a few hours. Use the Search function to see other's procedures, but there IS plenty of room to pull the hub assembly WITHOUT having to remove the top pin. I removed the BOTTOM pivot and it worked perfectly. You'll use the existing pin to POP the CV joint out. CLEAN IT and re-grease the livin' hell outta it.

If you've been driving on them for AWHILE and they're making alot of noise, it wouldn't hurt to replace the joints or axle assemblies as a precaution...but judging from you pix, it looks like you still have plenty of grease left in there.

You'll also need to buy the special 14 or 17mm reverse-socket...IMPACT quality, if you can find them! Also, use ONLY 1/2" drive tools.

...don't ask me why I know that.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: CV Boot kit - Which brand to get?