Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Defeated by my transmission. (04 A6 TIP)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 05:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Defeated by my transmission. (04 A6 TIP)

Defeated by my transmission.

04 2.7t S-line Tip. I literally have spent the last month trying to figure this thing out. The car is ready for the road except for this. Miss driving it. Been sitting since November.

Replaced the f125 switch and has a new TC.
It will go S>D>N>R>P with the switch, the shifter linkage (behind switch), and cluster indicator. But will not go P>R>N>D>S on any unless I manually switch the linkage behind switch.

Transmission worked perfect before the timing belt went out. And I'm not sure if the transmission is actually engaging.
I can hear the RPM's drop when in gears but no wheel movement.

Currently no codes on TCM. ECU is just EGR/ SAI (Deleted). Only codes that show are low voltage (from sitting) and battery being disconnected.

The car has been sitting for awhile so the battery is low. I have a new one but currently in my passat.

It only will show the f125 if I have the shifter cable adjustment to tight.
TC is seated all the way. That was triple checked since I do not enjoy pulling my motor out. Already have done it 3 times. And no fluid leaking.

I know the fluid is low because of new TC. Not sure if filling it will allow it to work but don't want to risk damaging anything if it won't go into gear to fill properly.

Also not sure if it relies on the linkage cable or the valve body to move the shifter from P>S. Or is the adjustment of the linkage cable that picky?

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on how the transmission works?
Anyone one have any Idea's? If I had the extra $$ It would become a 6sp.

This was the closes thread to my issue I have found on 3 forums and FB groups.
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/aud...-avant-179278/

Thank you for any help.