Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this car have an accesory position?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
1st Gear
Default Does this car have an accesory position?

After replacing my stereo, I realized one thing. I don't think this car has an accessory position. With the stock stereo, if the car is off, you just push the power button and it'll turn on. No need to turn the keyto an accessory position. I'm guessing the logic for that was inside the head unit. Here in lies the problem. I can't turn my radio on unless my car is on. Why may you ask would I want to do such a thing? Well, I sit in my car and listen to the radio if I'm early to work, at lunch, waiting for one of the girlfriends to come out (we all know we have to wait on them...lol) or at the drive-in. What I've done is hooked it up hot so that "technically" it's always on (provided the power button has been pushed). So far I've only jumped out the car once and left the radio on. I just know one day I'm going to forget and come back to a dead battery. What have you guys done to combat this situation?

A quick thought has just come to me in the form of a timer. But I haven't completely thought it out yet.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Does this car have an accesory position?

My 97 Avant has a timer that is in theinterior light delay/alarm system module that turns the radio off after and hour when the ignition is off. Unfortunately the damn thing is messed up and it dosen't get the signal that the ignition is on so the radio automatically turns off after an hour. All I do is turn the radiooff and back on - and it is good for another hour.

Leaving me ---

Listening one hour at at time!

Old 11-26-2007, 10:40 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Does this car have an accesory position?

Hmm. So the timer isn't in the radio itself? If I could find that wire to the timer, I'd be all good.