Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Door won't lock with remote..

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Driver Door won't lock with remote..

my driver door will not lock when i use the remote button, but all other doors lock. I searched and found that maybe it is the vaccuum pump, but why would it only occur on 1 door. Once the door is locked, with the key, the remote will unlock all doors..

Old 03-28-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Driver Door won't lock with remote..

I have not had this problem with my Audi but I did have a similar problem with a Volvo that I owned. I never got the problem solved but all the advice I received pointed towards it being a problem with the electronics in the drivers door.

The wiring for theremote locking is run though the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door, here is a test sit in the car and lock/unlock the car with the switch next to the door pull on the drivers handle. Let us know what the result is.

If the problem is still there, it could point to an electrical problem with the drivers door lock. I think there are a series of solenoid in there that over time can go bad. (as you correctly point out the lock side of the system working correctly points towards the electronics.)

The first thing I would do would be to look towards the contacts and check that they are all clean and good. Then look at the system and see what the cheapest parts are and replace them in ascending order or costs/likelihood of going wrong.

The first thing I would do would be to look towards the contect and beck that they are all clean and good. Then look at the system and see what are the cheapest parts and replace them in assending order or costs/liklyhood of going wrong.

hope this helps
James