Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side door switch gone haywire

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 10:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Driver side door switch gone haywire

Hey so I been ignoring this for the longest time but tonight was the last straw. My driver side door contact switch kinda went crazy its been showering outside all day and the car been parked all day as well so my alarm kept tripping and when I went to see my interior lights were stuck on so what I did for now since its dark I took off my door panel and disconnected the electrical switch to that door and it solved my trippy alarm and stuck on interior lights but now the door won't lock. Everything else locks nicely and the car is armed with the alarm except my driver door that wont lock. Why isn't it locking now? I need it to lock cuz the area where I work is not a safe area it's a high crime area and I need it to lock. Why did the switch go bonkers anyway. The moisture or something?

Thanks

2001 Audi A6 Avant quattro 2.8 V6 179,200 miles

Last edited by SubaruHyundaiAudi; 02-02-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
RGT
1st Gear

can you lock it manually with the key?

Old 02-03-2014, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

Lock module on my son's car recently went bonkers too. It would unlock all doors & roll down all windows. Fortunately it couldn't put out a sign that said "steal me". Of course it started on a rainy night, & noticed the next morning. Just as you did, we pulled door panel & disconnected the plug to the DS lock module. He has to manually lock & unlock DS door.
From outside: Key turned 90 CCW = open
Key turned 90 CW = lock.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CRuby
Lock module on my son's car recently went bonkers too. It would unlock all doors & roll down all windows. Fortunately it couldn't put out a sign that said "steal me". Of course it started on a rainy night, & noticed the next morning. Just as you did, we pulled door panel & disconnected the plug to the DS lock module. He has to manually lock & unlock DS door.
From outside: Key turned 90 CCW = open
Key turned 90 CW = lock.
so this morning I went back and went ahead and plugged it back in since i left my driver door unlocked over night (i live in the countryside so crime is almost non existant) and the lights stayed stuck on and it registered as open even tho it was closed for a couple of mins. I left it plugged in and so far I haven't had any false alarms and today it didn't rain. I did notice that when I swing the door my over head lights flash once. Like I don't know if there any kind of moisture messing with it when it rains or what cuz it flips out only in the rain. I'm sooo stumped. O and mine doesn't roll the windows down it just trips the security system.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 AM
3rd Gear

No necessarily the same issue, but I had a similar issue with my rear driverside window rolling down on it own. When I pulled the switch out, there was bit of water. Blamed my 3 year old at the time, and let it dry over a heater vent overnight. All was fine afterwards.