Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problem?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 AM
1st Gear
Default Electrical problem?

I have a 2006 A6 and I'm having some strange electrical problems. I replace the brakes recently. A little while after that the light on the dash saying the the pads needed changing started to go on every so often. On one time I drive off the next, not on again for a week of two? Checked the connections and they seem ok.

Then the trunk started to act up. It wouldn't close. I'd have to try 10-15 time and eventually it would lock. Then it started to lock but I wouldn't get the beep saying the car was locked and the dash said the truck was open, even though it wasn't.

Now today the radio won't go off even when I remove the key(well sometimes by pressing the control on the steering wheel it will). I can't change to CD and if it does switch off I get a constant beep. I can't get it to stop even with the key out?

One more thing about the same time, the power steering started to act up. I'd start the car and it would be very heavy. I could still drive but it doesn't feel like normal. Usually I can turn off the car and start again and it will be ok. Sometimes I need to do this 3-4 times.

Not sure if these are all related but they all started around the same time. Someone (on the forum) suggested for the power steering problem to disconnect the computer connections under the glove compartment and reattach. Sounded like he worked at a dealer and said that would fix it.

Anyone have any ideas? I'll call my mechanic tomorrow to see what he can find.

Thanks.

Pat