Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap- Nearly complete but Wont Crank At ALL, & Fuel Pump isn't priming. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:10 AM
1st Gear
Default Engine Swap- Nearly complete but Wont Crank At ALL, & Fuel Pump isn't priming. Ideas?

Okay, long story short- Bought a 2001 Allroad 2.7t as a project. Car wouldn't run, would try to run some but was terrible.. PO told me something vacuum issues, acted ignorant, low and behold it had jumped time and was mashing up one cylinder without mercy. I found a drop engine with turbos for cheaper than I was estimating rebuild.

Now I've got the engine in, everything I can see obviously to do done..

I put a battery in today and was planning on seeing how bad the fuel looked from sitting after changing the Fuel filter, but it Will Not Prime. (assuming it primes when you first turn the key all the way before cranking like my b6 1.8t) and it will not crank at all..

I'm getting a check engine and an EPC light. Im not very familiar with VAG com and I have a Mac.

At first turn- I did forget that I had pulled a lot of relays to see if they'd swap into one I was testing.. So duh- thats the cause. Well I plugged em all in and still nothing, so I let it set with the battery disconnected for 5 mins and tried again without change..

I thought this might have caused some funk, so I unplugged the ECU before I left..

Otherwise- Any other ideas what would cause it not to try to crank or fuel pump to prime? Of course I'll look at my wire harness to see if I missed anything that would involve it.

*** I didn't have a couple things hooked up that I did not consider essential to the fuel pump turning on- Coolant tank, the trans (Tiptronic) is bone dry, I originally tried without the front clip harness but have since plugged it in. Not sure if this stuff is relevant but I thought I should mention

Thanks-