Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler: Air to liquid cooler conversion system

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Default Feeler: Air to liquid cooler conversion system

Hi Guys,

New to the board and just curious as to what the response would be to an Air to liquid conversion set up to replace the current air to air twin turbo A6's. Trying to get a feel if it is worth producing on a larger scale as we have done a few custom air to liquid conversions and could easily produce it in kit form now.

It fits as if it were stock and there is only VERY MINOR modifications but nothing that anyone couldn't do.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you in advance.
http://www.milsarcorp.com

Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 AM
Default RE: Feeler: Air to liquid cooler conversion system

have you got proven results from the custom systems you have done? any hard data?

Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

I think it would be a great Idea. Air to water would have the biggest benefits. But the price would have to be right. The price is what will let you know if there is a interest. It looks like you have a extremely good looking design for the core. But if the price is extremely high people will pay less to get less. For most people it is about bottom line not always the best performer

Old 07-05-2007, 03:00 PM

We Will have full results in the next week or so. We have air temp figures already for Immediately before the Air to Air intercooler and imediately after the Air to Air intercooler. As soon as we have the comparitive data for the Air to liquid set up it will be posted on our site to see the before and after and I will post the link here for you guys.

Price is yet to be determined. Its obvious price will dictate the end result in interest, but the system can't be given away and no matter how low the price, people will always seem to talk more than act as we have found in this industry.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear

You ought to post over on the AudiWorldB5 S4 Forum.

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/

Those guys know their stuff and are always after an extra edge. I'm sure they could give lots of advice regarding the type of test data you should be collecting.

Definitely your target market!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

Definately would be interested. I can get a set of AIR/AIR intercoolers with 30% more area and much greater efficiency for about $700-$800. If the Air/Water could be produced for less than say $1200 or so I would definately be interested, as I know that the Air/Water system is much more effective. I used to have a system similar to that on a supercharged Lincoln Mark VIII, and there are lots of guys at the tracks with the Lightnings who have them from factory. Nothing like just needing a little bit of ice at the track, and VOILA! 20 degree cooler intake temps! I suggest you consider running intercooler specific piping as utilizing the factory cooling system is much more of a draw back being that the engine will heat the water on it's own before it even gets to cooling the air charge! Just my .02 cents. I'm sure you guys are engineers too and already know about all of this. =o)