Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flashing brake light on dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 03:39 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy flashing brake light on dash

ok, so my hand brake/ebrake light started flashing (with that completely released of course) and three beep will sound only when i make a long sharp turn like those 280 degree ramp onto the freeway at relatively higher speed, but it went off after i got onto the freeway, so i did a little research on this, many said that it's low on brake fluid so i check the reservoir, and it kinda show that its empty...but I didn't quite believe that, cause on the owner's manual its said that if brake fluid drop significantly below min line brake wear indicator will come on, and you have to take it to stealer but that indication never came on on my dash but i still went to dealer n bought a can of brake fluid for 10 bucks or so then i added, but then it topped off immediately, i guess i can't quite tell the brake fluid level cause it's transparent, so since the brake fluid is full, why did the ebrake light flash?? now it got so bad that it is constantly flashing and beeping, it's so annoying...thanks in advance for any imput

Old 05-16-2010, 12:05 PM
1st Gear

Hi - Did you ever sort this out? Mine is doing the same now. The stealer claimed to have topped it off so, well, it could still be low

Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM
3rd Gear

Yep low brake fliud

Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

+1 - topping it fixed mine.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 PM
3rd Gear

What's so freekin hard about adding a bit of brake fluid??
Open the cap - pour a bit in (use the right kind) - replace the cap.

The only thing to watch out for is if it continues to go down -

If it does you have a leak and it needs to be fixed NOW!

If you don't you will be looking for a new front bumper, fenders and hood alonge with a radiator and a gazillian other small parts.

PS Plan on doing brake pads soon!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Wayne.L
ok, so my hand brake/ebrake light started flashing (with that completely released of course) and three beep will sound only when i make a long sharp turn like those 280 degree ramp onto the freeway at relatively higher speed, but it went off after i got onto the freeway, so i did a little research on this, many said that it's low on brake fluid so i check the reservoir, and it kinda show that its empty...but I didn't quite believe that, cause on the owner's manual its said that if brake fluid drop significantly below min line brake wear indicator will come on, and you have to take it to stealer but that indication never came on on my dash but i still went to dealer n bought a can of brake fluid for 10 bucks or so then i added, but then it topped off immediately, i guess i can't quite tell the brake fluid level cause it's transparent, so since the brake fluid is full, why did the ebrake light flash?? now it got so bad that it is constantly flashing and beeping, it's so annoying...thanks in advance for any imput
the sensor is very sensitive to a small change in fluid level. as your brake pads wear the fluid level goes down a bit.

Last edited by SlackJaw; 08-19-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear

the low brake pad light looks like this ( ) not BRAKE

Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by NH_USA
the low brake pad light looks like this ( ) not BRAKE
sweet, did not know

edit: I have that now

Last edited by SlackJaw; 08-19-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:33 AM
1st Gear

topping off the brake fluid fixed it. fine for months now.

strange how the stealer said they did that while warning that the brake pads (new 6 months ago indie shop) needed replacing soon. the light was still on after the stealer visit. i guess this scam the owner brings the car back, pays $800 for front brakes and the stealer tops off the fluid. the nnj dealers do this bleep every single time.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cuberider
topping off the brake fluid fixed it. fine for months now.

strange how the stealer said they did that while warning that the brake pads (new 6 months ago indie shop) needed replacing soon. the light was still on after the stealer visit. i guess this scam the owner brings the car back, pays $800 for front brakes and the stealer tops off the fluid. the nnj dealers do this bleep every single time.
I don't know where you live, but man I am having trouble finding anyone that's qualified to even sit in mine.

Everytime I take it somewhere for something minor, I bring it home with more, bigger problems from jackasses.