Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frakenturbos

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:15 AM
1st Gear
Question Frakenturbos

Hey all -
I have looked into the different turbo upgrades out there and I have come across this company called Frankenturbo. Long story short, the specs are amazing. Has anyone here installed them? Its going to go on my c5 A6. Let me know. Or if you know of any other companies. I have looked at Ko4s and the hybrids. All options are welcome.
Thanks -

Old 07-17-2011, 05:30 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

If you want to know more about the frankenturbos send a PM to user mike-2ptzero

he is sort of our resident expert. he will also be able to give you some information on what some of your other options might be and give you a good list of additional mods that will be needed to support what you're looking for.

some online places to look:

Ringer Racing (west coast california)
VAST Performance (middle michigan)
RAI Motorsport (east coast maryland)

Old 07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
3rd Gear

I've seen a lot of reference to these in the A4 section, with 1.8Ts. You may want to do a search over there.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:10 PM
2nd Gear

check in the s4 section here and on audizine. a lot of people are doing these right now. there are 2 guys in the s4 section here that have them.

FrankenTurbo | F4 Hybrid Bi-Turbos for Audi 2.7T

Old 07-19-2011, 08:19 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Thanks guys -
I appreciate all of your feed back. I have spoken with Ringer racing (the owner) and he was really cool. Might see him at the SocalEuro meet next week. He gave me some useful tips and suggestions regarding what to do to my c5. I am looking to be in the 450-500+ hp range to the wheels. So he helped out on what are good choices. I think I will go with Franken or the ko4 hybrid. Because I am an auto tranny I don't want too much power and run the risk of destroying my car since it is an everyday driver.

Any others who have some tips please chime in!

Old 07-20-2011, 12:19 AM
2nd Gear

you are gonna need an upgraded torque converter to handle anything over stage 3- power. i've blown two with my k04's. one when i had no tune. you need to know that these trannies are not meant for big hp/torque #'s. upgrading the torque converter and valve body will only "band-aid" the problem. it becomes VERY frustrating. either youre stubborn like me or you've got deep pockets.

to hit the numbers you want i would look into tial 605's.

you are in for quite the project. 450hp+ and an auto tranny! Do it!

this would be the only way to go:
517 Trans - Catalog - Audi

or:
Audi s4 TIP to 6 Speed Transmission Conversion Swap Kit: Audis4parts.com

i wish you the best of luck.