Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A6
generator or electrical system >

generator or electrical system

Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.

generator or electrical system

Old 07-08-2017, 03:15 PM
1st Gear
Default generator or electrical system

My battery died while driving i recharged it and again the battery died the the generator light is on. in the manual it say it could be the generator or the car electrical system. if it is the vehicle electrical system how could i pin point the problem and what do i do next.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

To be honest I think it's your alternator. I had a very similar issue the alternator on my Audi A6 2.8 is at the bottom it's kind of a pain in the butt to take out... but if you can take it out bring it to AutoZone they can test it for free usually any store like AutoZone can test alternators for free and they can give you a Diagnostics report... now if you have to get a new alternator I wouldn't recommend going through any store like AutoZone. Look up the alternator for your Audi online I have locked up a lot from mine online through AutoZone and everybody complains how they died out after a year and I know this from personal experience also. If you looking for a new alternator I think it maybe like two to three hundred bucks that's kind of expensive but it's worth it. Doing an alternator change on the C5 are not fun at all.