Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hazard lights steady on all the time

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
1st Gear
Cool Hazard lights steady on all the time

I went thru many posts about hazrad lights issues, but I believe my is unique. All of my hazard lights are on all the time (glow steady w/o flashing)and my blinkers don't work at all, neither do the hazards, they're just on all the time even when the key is out and the car is locked. I replaced hazard relay with another one (used from Shokan), but the problem is still there. The lights turn off only when I pull fuse for hazard lights (they continue to stay on if I pull fuse for turn signal) or relay itself. I currently continue driving with hazard fuse out and I have turn signal, but they flush rapidly and make static noise in the relay.

One side note that my remote key doesn't work either, central locking works with the key but I do not hear alarm engaging when lock the car with they, but I see little red light flashing in the door pin. Not sure if that has anything to do with this. Any hel would be greatly appreciated.

2000 A6 Avant

Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

Posting solution just in case someone else is experiancing the same issue. Culprit to this issue, some water in my Central Locking module . The module is located under the driver's carpet. I was lucky that all functions came back after drying and cleaning the unit.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
3rd Gear

Glad to hear you figured it out. Were you able to determine why water got to the module in the first place? Generally it's from plugged sunroof drains, or the drains under the battery.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:56 AM
1st Gear

The drains under the battery were clugged, who knew that you have to clean those out. As a matter of fact I also got notification of class action for the drainage issue, but I didn't spend any $ to post a claim, just my own hassle and good deeds from Audi owner community that gave me good advise thru forums.