Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight leveler arm came apart. How do I get it back together?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Headlight leveler arm came apart. How do I get it back together?

I hope you can see in the picture below of the driver side headlight, the arm thet pushes and pulls on the headlight to adjust the level popped out during a bulb change (I pushed on the retainer clip too hard). The little black ball should fit inside the white recepticle, but I have no idea how to get it in there.

Any tips?

Old 09-08-2007, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Headlight leveler arm came apart. How do I get it back together?

Well, this turns out to be pretty simple. Here's what i did incase anyone needs the info in the future. Rotate the whole piece clockwise (the opening showing the ball connector moves upward) then you can pull off the black portion. Remove the two torx screws, then take the black housing away from the leveler motor. Turn your key to the on position but dont start the car. This will make the ball end extend out a bit more as the system tries to level the headlights. Fit the arm together without the casing to see how it connects (the ball slides into the side of the white piece), then disconnect it. Twist the black housing back onto the headlight assembly, and raise the back side of the headlight (extending the white shaft out a bit). Finally, stick the arm in there, and negotiate it to the side of the white connector until you can slide it in like you did with the housing off. Return the torx screws to their holes and you're done.