Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headligtht switch recall question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 PM
1st Gear
Default headligtht switch recall question.

Hello guys and gals, longtime reader new member. Those of us whove owned then know that the a6 has a recall on the headlight switch. Harness makes contact either shorts or catch Fire. I bring into dealer for recall and when I get it back Im able to use foglights without lowbeams. The recall dont cover factory h.I.d. so cant get 02 4.2. Im looking to do this on it If anyone can tell me what it was they did so i can replicate.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

Wow no response from all these pros. On here. What a waste, some people on here claim to be techs. Your telling me none of you have performed this recall on your or customer vehicles? It proves not to trust any of these so called pros that would rather make people feel stupid about the questions they ask than help them. My recomendation to those WHO read this is join another Forum. The people here either know nothing or give half answers that leave you more confused. Ive read through many threads all wi the same result. Today I went to my local audi dealer to find my answer. Well after ordering what I need from them Im posting a complete write up on other audi Forum sites.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 PM
1st Gear

The parts I ordered come with instructions so no write up needed. Id like to thank the members of other audi forums for the guidance i needed..

Old 10-28-2013, 08:44 AM
RGT
1st Gear

I have an '02 that the headlight switch went bad on also, I had assumed it was do to the way that the dealer had wired the front foglights to work as daytime running lights..I did a quick look at the time and did not find a recall notice, but maybe it wouldn't have been covered. I had noticed my switch used to get quite hot and eventually the rear foglights started coming on with the headlights and running lights and then ultimately the rear foglights stopped working, I just wired a separate switch to run the rear foglights from an extra headlight on contact on the switch, so that I can't forget and leave the rear foglights....be great if you could post part numbers for the harness and switch, someday I may have reason to put this thing back right....

Old 10-28-2013, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by UncleScar
The parts I ordered come with instructions so no write up needed. Id like to thank the members of other audi forums for the guidance i needed..
Remember, the views aren't of a reflection of people coming into the thread and refusing to answer your question. We have to click on the thread first to see the actual question. Then if someone has the answer, or at least a good suggestion and they're able to help.. I'm sure they will.

As far as no need for a writeup...for you, sure. But there will be other posters seeking the same information. Why not post a writeup? Or something as simple as the parts list, part numbers and pricing for the repair kit? You can post it on any one of the forums, it doesn't have to be this one.

----
Also, the regulars on this forum are more than likely also active on those other forums as well.

I'll just reiterate my opinion that I'm sure if any of us looked at this thread and knew the answer, we would have gladly helped. There are only a few of us that are active in this section.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 10-28-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

I got prices and part numbers from another audi Forum. Kit comes with instructions. There is a demand for this on those sites so considered putting up info. Even the ones whove done the fuse jump are interested. Keep an eye out on AW or Qw.