Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 AM
2nd Gear
Default Help!!!!

so Im trying to change my fuel filter yesterday and the wrench slipped and twisted the fuel line so much so that it broke. What do you think about cutting it where it's not twisted and cutting it towards the filter end and getting rubber fuel line to fit over it and clamping it down to get me through till tues when i can get it to the shop......

Attached Thumbnails Help!!!!-004.jpg   Help!!!!-013.jpg  
Old 08-31-2008, 11:46 AM

If you cut both ends far enough back where it is not twisted, flare each end with a pipe flare tool, and slip on fuel rated hose with clamps you should be good to go. A lot of cars use a combination of metal and rubber lines to get from the pump to the injectors.

Edit: I just looked at the pics and you'll need to do something else. You won't have enough room on the fuel filter side to safely clamp on a hose. Get a pipe cutter (one that you spin around the pipe until it cuts through) and cut far enough away that you can get to an area that isn't twisted. Unscrew it, take it to an auto parts store and they'll give you a new section. From that point go with directions up top.

Last edited by c00lduke; 08-31-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM
2nd Gear

so I got a hose splice on there but I can't get the crush washer shored up enough to seat it properly ....see here ....

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6100/msgs/92883.phtml

any suggestions aside from a new crush washer?

Old 09-01-2008, 12:30 PM

Did you get a new crush washer? How long is that section from the fuel filter to the next point it can be undone?